Jump to content
outlaw118

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

Recommended Posts

Got this old listings magazine off eBay, not one I'd seen before:

49366351808_e33f48e204_c.jpg

Car Buyer Sept-Oct 1979 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Chock-full of ad's for some mouthwatering stuff. Sadly no pictures though.

49366352113_d1ef72e2a9_c.jpg

Car Buyer Sept-Oct 1979 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Something for everyone here! I'm intrigued by the 1968 Daihatsu from JK Sportscars, and also their 1974 Datsun 120A Samurai (actually Samuri) was also a bit of a rarity. Would have been one of these:

49366064628_9500a48af7_b.jpg

Datsun 120A Shoo Samuri TGT 390M by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Got this old listings magazine off eBay, not one I'd seen before:

49366351808_e33f48e204_c.jpg

Car Buyer Sept-Oct 1979 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Chock-full of ad's for some mouthwatering stuff. Sadly no pictures though.

49366352113_d1ef72e2a9_c.jpg

Car Buyer Sept-Oct 1979 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr...

 

God Almighty, a Ro80 and a K70 LS! I'd have gone up the North Circular and bought both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 9:38 AM, cobblers said:

Usually facebook groups are incredibly tiresome "THANKS 4 THE ADD" bollocks etc but there's a bloke on the Talbot Express owners club earnestly asking where his OBD socket is and it's absolutely made my morning

My 1979 Chrysler Sunbeam had a diagnostic socket, though I can't imagine what information you'd get out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gm said:

I suspect I may be your new neighbour :) or close by anyway - netherton close, up waldridge way 

The other side of the roundabout but yes..If you ever fancy a pint give me a shout..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Richard said:

My 1979 Chrysler Sunbeam had a diagnostic socket, though I can't imagine what information you'd get out of it.

My friend had a look in the Chrysler manual and found this, which still doesn't really make it clear what information you get.

49368774992_ff136c6d41_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard said:

My friend had a look in the Chrysler manual and found this, which still doesn't really make it clear what information you get.

49368774992_ff136c6d41_b.jpg

Sounds like it’s an output for OEM voltmeter/ ammeter/ dwell angle kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed to do a change of address on the BX insurance policy.  I wasn't sure what to expect so was pleasantly surprised when there was no change of details fee, and no increase to my policy.  Something of a relief, really.  MoT next which I'm cautiously optimistic about, except for the little drop of LHM I found under the back of the car the other day (that has not since reappeared), so here's hoping it behaves itself on the day and the garage I take it to understands that old Citroens sometimes leak a bit of LHM out of anxiety/spite and it's nothing to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

.....old Citroens sometimes leak a bit of LHM out of anxiety/spite and it's nothing to worry about.

They do leak other things too.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am at work, talking with colleagues, so distracted.

I was thirsty so took hold of my diluted apple cordial. Except it wasn't.

I unscrewed a cap, put a bottle to my lips and took the hugest gulp of ever.

Sadly it was neat double strength apple cordial.

Think apple flavoured battery acid.

I am now burping apples. I need to drink about 4 pints of water to dilute the cordial appropriately in what is left of my stomach.

My throat hurts. As does my stomach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purplebargeken said:

Am at work, talking with colleagues, so distracted.

I was thirsty so took hold of my diluted apple cordial. Except it wasn't.

I unscrewed a cap, put a bottle to my lips and took the hugest gulp of ever.

Sadly it was neat double strength apple cordial.

Think apple flavoured battery acid.

I am now burping apples. I need to drink about 4 pints of water to dilute the cordial appropriately in what is left of my stomach.

My throat hurts. As does my stomach.

Presumably cider won't fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, Tickman said:

Excellent news, how big is the garage?

I promise I didn't choose the house just because of the garage :)

well, not just for the garage, the house is nice too !

IMG_1436.thumb.JPG.5c83cd97c3f73f13aecf3348feaeaf20.JPG

it's needing a bit of work on the electrics - the feed from the house is live at one end but not at the other - the cable runs under the patio which is small paving stones, hopefully not too much of a pain to lift and run a new cable. for now, an extension cord out the window was enough to get the lights working :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhilA said:

I'm going to look at a car that I don't really need.

 

However it was suggested by the wife and is therefore fully sanctioned.

after the last one, go for it

which decade?

edit or has the catalina finally happened :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gm said:

I promise I didn't choose the house just because of the garage :)

That looks ace! Can it be extended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hairnet said:

after the last one, go for it

which decade?

edit or has the catalina finally happened :)

Depends on how far gone it is

60's

Nope, wrong brand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...