What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

13 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Popped into Albert Looms this afternoon and spotted some prime shite being broken..
@clayts450 they had a 600 in Nightfire Red, arrived just before Christmas
Ā 

Yeah, I got there the weekend after they took it in and wanted an offside rear light cluster. The only thing taken from the car in the few days it was there ? The offside rear light cluster. Naturally.

Did take a few cosmetic bits off it mind, so not entirely a wasted journey.

I've troubleshooter my new scary noise in the zx...Ā 

Ā 

The other night the cap on my knob fell off. I've not looked for it yet because I can't be arsed... But on the way home, I idly put my hand on my knob in readiness to change gear and the fucking noise stopped

IMG_20200124_163855.thumb.jpg.db94058a813f842614cd4bf32dbe597e.jpg

This innocent exposed bit is causing the most god awful noise! Put my palm over it, noise stops! I feel like a bit of a twat but it's making a proper racket!Ā 

This weekends job is either find the cap or fill that with hot glue. Or both

I realised the other day that I didnā€™t know when my wifeā€™s 67 Golf would need its first MOT. A quick check on the DVLA site showed it expires on Jan 29th. So we booked it in for today. I was a bit worried about the chip on the windscreen, otherwise WCPGW?

10 minutes after we dropped it off I had a message to call the MOT place. Not a good sign ?.

Turns out I dropped it off too early. A year too early. MOT not due until Jan 29th 2021.?

Loved the story of the Golf dropped off a year early for its MoT, thats an absolute classic.

Took my Rover for a retest today and got a pass. I repaired a small hole in the offside outer sill and the tester commented that he could not see that anyone had been anywhere near it. I surprised myself with what I was able to accomplish with just a stick welder and a skim of filler. The car needed a new back box, 2 drop links and the sill repaired. Another years motoring for a total bil of Ā£140. Thats what made me grin.

These electric cars are great , no maintenance, just plug in and goĀ 
Ā 
6TXzYGgi.thumb.jpg.92e61d4003906a8e27b1c510a7a6af15.jpg
612296158_Screenshot_20200124-161648_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.17ab1967e513ec41d20319c3739520ef.jpg
1588435437_Screenshot_20200124-161613_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a3c8b04747b6eb8e3e475ff16ea50c9a.jpg

Followed this on Twitter, the guy who took the pics spotted a police car as he was leaving the car park so duly reported and they went over to deal with it.

As LoserOne says those Teslaā€™s are incredibly heavy on tyres, some Model S owners report 5000 miles a set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All those torks from zero revs i guess......

On another note i once welded up the chassis rails on a Carlton that had failed it's mot rather spectacularlyĀ 

The mot garage was in an area were a Lot of mot bodges were tried,filler holding patches on ect

So the tester used to insist that any welded cars had to retested without loads of underseal being plastered everywhere

Once he view the Carlton he announced that I was definitely in the wrong job (production butcher),and take up the welding full time!

Ā 

9 hours ago, jumpingjehovahs said:

Ā 

Ā 

Followed this on Twitter, the guy who took the pics spotted a police car as he was leaving the car park so duly reported and they went over to deal with it.

As LoserOne says those Teslaā€™s are incredibly heavy on tyres, some Model S owners report 5000 miles a set emoji37.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ā 

Ā 

It's 4 points a tyre isn't it, let's hope the fronts are legal or he/she could be on the bus for a while.

2 hours ago, New POD said:

My wife's friends ex husband is a taxi driver.Ā  Saw him in a petrol station, and spotted his rear tyres were as the ones above.Ā  Now I pointed them out and he said "yeah, I need to get that sorted"Ā 

Yeah, you also need to not have affairs, pay tax, and grow a fucking pair.Ā  Not sure whether to shop him, because she needs him to pay child maintenance.Ā  It was before Christmas.Ā  I can only assume he's got it sorted by now.

Ā Just don't ride in a white Astra estate taxi inĀ Sefton.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Anybody driving on tyres like that needs shopping , especially in the winter, it might one of your relatives they take out when they lose it on a wet bend and mount the kerb.

I nearly went and collected this in the zx (was a bit more flat pack)Ā 

IMG_20200126_161029.thumb.jpg.15aabbf1b6634993f4facc0e01617032.jpg

Then the person giving it away for free offered to deliver it for a tenner and I'm fucking glad I said yes please! It's bloody solid, their moving to the peak district. Nice couple!Ā 

Tonight shall consist of pottering, got to move the pc over