What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I had probably the best nights sleep in recent memory last night, out in a field in the camper with the new heater ticking over keeping me nice and warm and lulling me off to sleep. A big pub dinner and a couple of pints probably helped too.

Woke up rested and warm to this:

1056351958_2020-01-2807_14_32.thumb.jpg.f1af6d0b616553d54f23f9c49367fd09.jpg

I wasn't expecting snow!

I decided to take the scenic route to work since I've got mega knobbly OLLIREMOULDS on, nothing can stop me right?

1556415734_2020-01-2808_17_33.thumb.jpg.91a1fc0fd3031e62ab56fd50c50e6824.jpg

The tyres are unsurprisingly quite decent on snow, but most of it was sheer ice so I must admit there was quite a few moments where I regretted going off the beaten track so far. Brilliant way to start the day though, I have been in a good mood ever since.

Talking of drawing knobs on everything, a couple of years back I moved back to the village where I spent my formative years. I’m an 11th generation villager BTW. At least that actually.

Back in the mid 80s my mates and I would frequent the (glorious) brick built bus shelter in the village centre for smoking and general japery. During this time marker pens were employed on the odd occasion for drawing, in said shelter, a fine collection of cocks, minges and a wonderful collection of profanities.

They’re all still there, clear as day.

The Christmas just gone, my (lovely) neighbours popped round to ask me if I would like to walk my children up to the bus shelter as Santa Claus is visiting. All the children from the village are going etc.

I made a pathetic excuse and didn’t go. Probably for the best.

On 1/28/2020 at 9:21 AM, Alan_Green said:

If you liked the Cameroonian taxis search for documentary called "Hulk Through Hell" on YouTube.  It follows people taking the 3 week journey up the Congo River in a huge boat.  Just amazing.  Real heart of darkness stuff.  And as someone on reddit said, "Watch this and you'll never complain about anything in your life again". 

Have you got a link, when I search this I got all sorts of Marvel stuff but nothing about a boat. 

Started painting my bathroom yesterday in a wilkos colour called bali. You can't really see it in the picture but it should be re-named invacar blue.
It's all I'm going to be thinking about everytime I go in to curl one out.5174806a946672d4ba74611fa443e531.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Trying to make an appointment at "doctors" over the phone... Sorry nothing available until middle of next week.... 

I happened to be walking past just now, popped in and tried at the desk.... Only one appointment left, tomorrow afternoon... 

The queue had gone down, so I whispered to the receptionist, big bleed from down below.... Oh 3 o'clock this afternoon then... 

Unfortunately it's with the same useless twat that I saw before Christmas who sent me to physio, who then said 14-16 week delay to even see anyone... 

Wish me luck ?

After just short of 10 months living the highlife pissing about buying hopeless motorbikes and scooters, going to the tip and walking the dog etc I've just landed another job.

5 hours ago, paulplom said:

Started painting my bathroom yesterday in a wilkos colour called bali. You can't really see it in the picture but it should be re-named invacar blue.
It's all I'm going to be thinking about everytime I go in to curl one out.5174806a946672d4ba74611fa443e531.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Glass panelled door a bold choice for the toilet!

I took my work van in for it’s service this week, when I dropped it off at the garage I always use they asked if there was anything else I knew of that wanted doing so I thought I’d take a chance and see if they could have a look at why there’s a horrendous vibration noise coming from the bulkhead area. I didn’t expect much really coming of it and thought it’d just be ‘they all do that sir’!

Its a 66 plate Sprinter and it’s been like this since new (poor QC imho delivering new vehicles like that but...). It’s only at certain times but when it starts vibrating/rattling it’s fucking irritating like you wouldn’t believe. It’s so loud it’ll drown out the radio! I’d tried all sorts myself to fix it but gave up in the end as nothing seemed to cure it.

Anyway, I got a call today saying it was ready and they’d fixed the noise! They said it took a while to find what was causing it but seemingly these vans are fitted with an anti theft device on their exhaust, which is basically a chain strap across it to hinder anyone trying to slice the valuable bits of the exhaust off. After spending ages looking at various things to stop it, it was this chain that was slightly slack and was resting on the exhaust. Then at around 2k rpm-ish it would hit the sweet spot and cause the noise! Apparently it’s right under the bulkhead so the noise was just travelling up the panel. They’ve simply bent the chains mounting bracket a bit to increase tension on the chain and stop it rattling! Easy, once you’ve found it!

I drove it home today, and my god! It’s glorious! No horrible sounds, no rattles and no noise like someone’s using a jackhammer on the back of your head as your driving. I know it sounds like a stupid grin, but spending the time I have to driving that van it’s made me a very happy boy!

5 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

After just short of 10 months living the highlife pissing about buying hopeless motorbikes and scooters, going to the tip and walking the dog etc I've just landed another job.

Congratulations - must be the week for it! :-)

Looks like mine is going to start quicker than I thought, not confirmed yet but looks like they want me in Stavanger Monday morning! Just got to live through the survival course tomorrow!

4 hours ago, Craig the Princess said:

These people?

They were on a North West motorway this morning, shortly before someone definitely didn't find out a Transit van can do 3 figure speeds.

19 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Glass panelled door a bold choice for the toilet!

19 hours ago, vulgalour said:

It's got privacy glass, what's the problem?

You jest but this is my loo door...

83107087_192985868763305_3684606392599052288_n.jpg.2c7bb4cb5355f565773edcde052d6e25.jpg

The Union Flag was added by myself when I started dating Girlfriend_70s, because I'm a gent.