What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Yeehah!

image.thumb.png.075b391e9984d71eaf2a85ad9f0cdb5b.png

After they fitted the front LH ABS sensor it was still throwing up a code and the light hadn't gone out, so next on the list was the right rear. Got one delivered off eBay for under £30 and it's obviously done the trick. Might celebrate with an oil and filter change, can't remember if it's been done since I got it back on the road in 2017.

I have finally got someone breaking a BX to respond to a request for parts!  Not only that, the price for said parts is very reasonable.  Normally I get no response or the parts I'm trying to acquire are already broken/gone.  We shall have to wait and see what happens when they get the price for postage which hopefully will be equally reasonable.  So far, they seem like an easy person to buy from with their head screwed on... but we all know how quickly that can change with internet purchases.

I really shouldn't be this excited about getting to buy little bits of plastic, but I am.

Just done a 0-60 sprint in the 850 from a bus stop on the coast road. Stop watch said 6.6 seconds. It scrabbled for grip when it changed to 2nd gear. I reckon in the dry it'll be even quicker. 7.2 to 70 as well.

They're audi wanker and golf gti times aren't they? Not bad for a 26 year old brick approaching 200k!

A not-close neighbour a street away has always had one or two random 90s Fords parked in his driveway which rotate rapidly - currently  has an Onion and a Sierra. He and his missus also run two vans. Recently a camper van turned up but that has disappeared and been replaced with....a glorious Nightfire red Rover 414 SLi. Was in the 620 today but back to the 420 tomorrow so will give a toot as I go past.

In a parallel universe he probably mentions me on a similar site to Autoshite and is willing me to buy a random 90s Ford....

Today at work we had the business improvement manager down to our department to explain to all the production staff what changes he was going to make to try and ensure we meet our 20 units a week customer order, which we have been struggling to meet since the last 'improvements' he made. He hasn't endeared himself to me since he was bragging about his £140k a year salary, but that shouldn't affect my professionalism...

One of the guys mentioned that they all felt under pressure to get the work through, to which he responded "You're under pressure? If we're just one unit a week short, I'm the one who gets fingered for it!", which was understandably followed by much snickering and giggling. This drew the response that we weren't taking the situation seriously, as we were going to be a whole 7 units short this week.

Now, as engineer for the department I should have probably set a better example, but I just couldn't help myself :oops:
"7 units? You're going to get fisted!"

9 hours ago, mat_the_cat said:

Today at work we had the business improvement manager down to our department to explain to all the production staff what changes he was going to make to try and ensure we meet our 20 units a week customer order, which we have been struggling to meet since the last 'improvements' he made. He hasn't endeared himself to me since he was bragging about his £140k a year salary, but that shouldn't affect my professionalism...

One of the guys mentioned that they all felt under pressure to get the work through, to which he responded "You're under pressure? If we're just one unit a week short, I'm the one who gets fingered for it!", which was understandably followed by much snickering and giggling. This drew the response that we weren't taking the situation seriously, as we were going to be a whole 7 units short this week.

Now, as engineer for the department I should have probably set a better example, but I just couldn't help myself :oops:
"7 units? You're going to get fisted!"

He sounds like a twat. 

Does he earn that much ? Has he got a qualification in Old fashioned time study ? 

If the target can't be hit, it's the fault of the person who designed the methods. 

I'd get his output for him.  Might end up.with more people though 

Someone has been hard at work today in BBC News's sense of humour department

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22135870

Household waste disguised as hay bales dumped in Essex

Three men from east London, aged 19, 23 and 47, have been arrested on suspicion of depositing and storing waste on an unpermitted site.

They were interviewed by Environment Agency officers and bailed until 10 July pending further inquiries.

1 hour ago, willswitchengage said:

Someone has been hard at work today in BBC News's sense of humour department

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22135870

Just seen a similar case on "Defenders" BBC 1 morning show. 

Black bails of industrial /domestic crap, 2000 of them, fk me how long would that take to offload and nobody noticed anything ?

14 hours ago, New POD said:

He sounds like a twat. 

Does he earn that much ? Has he got a qualification in Old fashioned time study ? 

If the target can't be hit, it's the fault of the person who designed the methods. 

I'd get his output for him.  Might end up.with more people though 

When can you start?

We make seven different lenses to go into a head-up display projector. Lenses are manufactured in batches, due to wanting to spread machine set-up time (3-7 hours versus 20-45 minutes machining time per lens) over as many lenses as possible, whilst still needing to make all seven before Assembly runs out of one type. The 'grand plan' was to reduce batch sizes by from 24 to 14, but manufacture two batches at once, so one set-up covers 28 lenses. Benefit being that Assembly don't have to wait until 24 lenses have been made, but they can start building once the first 14 have been made.

Problem is that as the batches of lenses are also processed at other departments within the company, so we rarely get two batches together, hence almost twice as much time setting up! We've now increased the batch sizes again...

1 minute ago, mat_the_cat said:

When can you start?

We make seven different lenses to go into a head-up display projector. Lenses are manufactured in batches, due to wanting to spread machine set-up time (3-7 hours versus 20-45 minutes machining time per lens) over as many lenses as possible, whilst still needing to make all seven before Assembly runs out of one type. The 'grand plan' was to reduce batch sizes by from 24 to 14, but manufacture two batches at once, so one set-up covers 28 lenses. Benefit being that Assembly don't have to wait until 24 lenses have been made, but they can start building once the first 14 have been made.

Problem is that as the batches of lenses are also processed at other departments within the company, so we rarely get two batches together, hence almost twice as much time setting up! We've now increased the batch sizes again...

Google SMED 

Google Swim lane diagram. 

After two back to back return trips to Liverpool airport, doing a brim to brim fuel check and discovering that my Dacia Logan MCV diesel managed to do slightly over 70 mpg. Mainly motorways and at night, but even so. It's a P/H (taxi) so these things matter. 

4 minutes ago, Bobthebeard said:

After two back to back return trips to Liverpool airport, doing a brim to brim fuel check and discovering that my Dacia Logan MCV diesel managed to do slightly over 70 mpg. Mainly motorways and at night, but even so. It's a P/H (taxi) so these things matter. 

My Peugeot expert hackney gets about 35......