old toys you kept ? (was offroad bus)

dieselnutjob

I found this in the garage

dsc_0883.jpg

sorry but I had to do that.

I'll change it to an old toys that you kept thread later...

It's the last thing I ever made out of Lego. It could well be a bit later than 84. I'm guessing. Depends whether the RC Tamiya car and then the ZX81 totally took my mind off it.

In order to get the steering and bad ass suspension to work I ran the column down the trailing arm. How mad is that? It would have wicked bump steer.

In fact it uses part of the steering column as the front suspension bushes as well.

dsc_0882.jpg

Anyway it came out because I thought my son might now be old enough to enjoy 2 tonnes of technical Lego.

dsc_0878.jpg

So far he broke everything up except that bus, which now has a roof and a tailgate :mrgreen:

I've still got all my Lego too. :)

Mine is all 'town' lego and some technic sets - a 'pneumatic' fork lift and a tractor with crop sprayer.

I also have all the lego that belonged to my older cousins. They only had 'space' lego and they used to throw away the instructions. A few years ago, I was able to make some of the space stuff that I remember them having, by using this website http://letsbuilditagain.com/index.php

All my lego has been 'made up' as per the instructions, and is carefully stored in a big box in the loft :lol:

The 'jewel' in the crown is this...

7720b.jpg

+

7816b.jpg

It also has extra track and some points :D

That set wasn't actually the one I asked Father Christmas for, as at the time, I wanted this one.

7730b.jpg

This experience led me to ensure that I quoted all the relevant product serial and identification numbers when entering into correspondence with Father Christmas. You live and learn.

This experience led me to ensure that I quoted all the relevant product serial and identification numbers when entering into correspondence with Father Christmas. You live and learn.

:lol: My childhood christmas lists had the Argos order number for each item.

Nothing changes, I'd like some headphones for my birthday and when asked which ones I gave the Amazon ASIN.

I found this in the garage

dsc_0883.jpg

sorry but I had to do that.

I'll change it to an old toys that you kept thread later...

It's the last thing I ever made out of Lego. It could well be a bit later than 84. I'm guessing. Depends whether the RC Tamiya car and then the ZX81 totally took my mind off it.

In order to get the steering and bad ass suspension to work I ran the column down the trailing arm. How mad is that? It would have wicked bump steer.

In fact it uses part of the steering column as the front suspension bushes as well.

dsc_0882.jpg

Anyway it came out because I thought my son might now be old enough to enjoy 2 tonnes of technical Lego.

dsc_0878.jpg

So far he broke everything up except that bus, which now has a roof and a tailgate :mrgreen:

I got given that EXACT same kit when I was a nipper - I was about 12 and was in hospital having an operation on my knob - contrary to what you may believe, it wasn't a reduction operation but a circumcision due to catching my japs eye in the brass zip of some jeans :shock: (tell me you didn't wince at that..anyway becoming a roundhead at that age is no joke - nasty operation and I was an early developer. I was off school for a month because of it! Anyway, this lego kit was fandabbidozie. Sadly it didn't get kept - when my old man died in 2000, I was living in London and those toys that had survived the GREAT TOY MASSACRE of 1984 (I got a BSA Meteor Air Rifle that year) were sadly binned when my mum had to move house quickly - I couldn't get away from work at the time. :cry:

ore than made up for now as I am always buying Scooters Jnr (5) all sorts of inappropriate lego which is still a brilliant toy although these days the kits are more for making toys rather than models and are a bit propriatory

- I still have the BSA Meteor but it needs a new spring - if Fatty Salmond bans air weapons (which he is threatening to do in Scotland) it will be up for sale

I loved Lego as a kid, I used to have a suitcase full of it and played it will all the time, I think we gave it away in the end, what a tit :( .

My mate got this one the other day, He was very excited as it's the same as his camper van, he's 36, it goes to prove your never too old for Lego!

318474_2493505215048_1175325944_32985602_285405888_n.jpg

I have never seen one of these before, and I am in love.

IMG_0443.JPG

These were replaced by the C303.

laplander2DirkDekensBelgiumbl.jpg

Also available as a 6x6.

C306%20rti%203.jpg

Mercedes have made the Unimog for years.

5149354847_6e3103d417.jpg

21342601.Unimogallir2873031687.jpg

VW did a T25 Synchro

syncro.jpg

Those crafty Austrians at Steyr Daimler Puch made the Haflinger (named after a pony)

hafli72.jpg

1976-Steyr-PuchHaflingerG-640.jpeg

And the bigger Pinzgauer

2275187692_9d6a5e11e2_z.jpg

Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer by Nick Wilkes, on Flickr

PinzgauerTrax.jpg

Pinzgauer.jpg

In addition to making, mopeds, fiat 500s, the original panda 4x4, the Merc G-wagon and god knows what else.

Simca built some trucks...

5925279627_c77c8f260c.jpg

In the Australian corner (cracking open another tinnie and not taking any lip from the sheilas) we have the OKA.

dualcab.jpg

That Russian chap Gary (his mates call him GAZ) has built a few trucks.

gaz-69-6.jpg

river_truck.jpg

Jeep tried a forward control truck

JeepFC-150.JPG

And don't forget that Land Rover built civilian Forward Controls in the 60s

800px-1963_Land_Rover_112_Recovery_Wagon_Heritage_Motor_Centre%2C_Gaydon.jpg

fclandy.jpg

6017355477_d8bfb5bfc9.jpg

Land Rover Series IIB 110 FC by Tayne, on Flickr

Military ones in the 70s

101-sand.jpg

1250770931_14774cb854.jpg

101 Ambulance by Tayne, on Flickr

1260332103_e9f22a3811.jpg

101 by Tayne, on Flickr

www.101fc.net.jpg

Some of which were later converted for the Judge Dredd film

469119473_2fb9a2949c.jpg

City Cab by Tayne, on Flickr

And they tried (unsuccessfully) in the 80s.

Lama.jpg