FISTPAN Uno - Force Hale £150 Bristol

Steve79

There's a couple of mk1 Uno's breaking on ebay, might be worth getting the ignition switch from them?

As the online parts catalogues Fiat dealers have don't cover the mk1, as the mk1 parts are only on microfiche.

Assuming your local Fiat dealer still has a microfiche, I'd probably suspect that part number they gave you won't be any good unfortunately. As looks to me like one for a mk2 Uno, I'm not sure I have one but I'll rummage through my parts stash!

After much faffing around trying to figure out why the new switch wasn't working, it was discovered that the one I bought was for a mk2 (even though the main stealer and febi bilstein say otherwise.

Through caution and my credit card to the wind and this arrived the other day from amazon

YVgiDnL.jpg

Inside was

5TRqKjY.jpg

This was duly plugged in (forgot to get pics) and almost everything works correctly in true fiat fashion. The wipers didn't want to switch off for 10 mins or so but vigorous waggling on the light switches and wiper switches ensured correct order.

Brakes pedal is now sinking to the floor and petrol pipe going from carb to pump is leaking. Oh and the alternator belt decided to protest at being awoken from its long slumber and snapped (thankfully no damage done).

• 3 weeks later...

I knew this would happen! Its happened before and will happen again.

FISTPAN UNO 0 - Lack of enthusiasm 1

I really just do not have the time or energy to commit to getting this properly sorted and its way down my priority list compared with the BMW and Jag (updates soon i promise).

Its running now and 99.9% of electrics are functioning correctly but has developed a missfire which is most likely related to plugs and leads being aged to say the least. Also brakes are currently non functional which again is mostly going to be faulty master cylinder or perished seals.

I'm looking for a quick sale as i just want it gone and it has to go within the next week. It owes me about £250 but i'll let it go for £150 (no less). Obviously it'll need to be picked up with an a-frame or trailer due to lack of brakes and missfire.

Note: Engines go for about £400 as the 126 crowd like them. If no one wants the car complete i am prepared to break it.

ffffuuuu I want to buy this just for the interior but I have many reasons why I cannot.  I do hope someone takes it off your hands regardless so here's a little GLWTS from me.  Sorry I'm being a timewasting fanny by not throwing the meagre asking price at you and relieving you of this fine Italian product.

ffffuuuu I want to buy this just for the interior but I have many reasons why I cannot. I do hope someone takes it off your hands regardless so here's a little GLWTS from me. Sorry I'm being a timewasting fanny by not throwing the meagre asking price at you and relieving you of this fine Italian product.

Well Mike knows the route to Bristol now and can tow a trailer here. ;)

Ok, so to clarify"

▪Its currently on sorn

▪Its been off the road for 13 years

▪Does run but is missfiring

▪Brakes non functional (handbrake ok)

▪V5 here in my name

▪Brand new ignition barrel switch and key

Will break for spares if no-one interested in complete car.

Shame you can't get it back on the road and be even worse to see it broken up as there a rare sight now, not criticising of course but hope it can be saved. There great little cars to drive. I'd have it myself but typically I'm skint and haven't got the space at the minute. 

Due to lack of interest and it needing to be moved asap, its the end for fistpan.

I've already started to strip as much as i can from it and then bridge the rest.

Upon further inspection pretty much every bolt underneath and braking component is seized virtually solid and hidden rot has come to light. So probably for the best!

Vulg, you want the interior? No charge.

Might be able to seperate the covers if you don't want the seats and post them.