Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SD1 Foolery - Anglo Saxon Poetry (in motion) (was NOT X Type estate) NOW with K Seal Kaperz

• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#421 ONLINE   Breadvan72

Breadvan72

• Full Members
  • 5,063 posts
  • LocationOxfordshire Shire

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

There is a brown V12 pre facelift one at that car auction today, estimate only 2 to 3K , which seems low.   The best bargs currently are the late full-facelift 6 cylinder cars, as they are not as popular as early cars and V12s, but have useful things like coil packs and ABS and so on, and are viable daily drivers if you don't might mid 20s pez bills.  

I am hoping that mine (half facelift 6 cyllinder) will be rescued and painted and so forth later this year, but I might have to sell the Rover to fund that, so, tricky one.

1975 Triumph Dolomite Sprint

1983 Rover 2600 SE

1992 Jaguar XJS 4.0 

2004 Jaguar X Type 3.0 Estate

#422 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

• Full Members
  • 2,784 posts
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

My ideal one would be a facelift BRG with light interior 4.0 manual on lattice wheels. I'd keep that forever.

However what with needing a place to live etc it won't be happening this year :(

#423 ONLINE   Breadvan72

Breadvan72

• Full Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Mine is BRG (or will be when the scabby and multicoloured bits are painted) and has a light interior and lattices, but is an auto.  I think that I saw a manual facelift car for sale online the other day, but am not sure that it was green.     I agree that this tedious stuff about having to pay for food, digs, tax and stuff is a right pain and a most unreasonable impediment to car buyage.

• billyboy406v6 and Hooli like this

1983 Rover 2600 SE

1992 Jaguar XJS 4.0 

#424 ONLINE   Breadvan72

Breadvan72

• Full Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:34 AM

On Thursday I drove the SD1 through OMGSTROMKAOS to that London for a bit of work and fun related stoppage over.  The big old thing feels the wind a bit, but has pretty good aerodynamics and a big chinny spoiler and so forth, so doesn't get blown around like, say, the Dolomite does. The coolant level in the expansion tank has not gone down, and the coolant light hasn't come on again, so thus far the K Seal seems to be doing its bodgetastic best.

It was pleasant driving down Regent Street with the roof and windows open yesterday morning. Van drivers like the car.  Lots of oi mates, what's that, and what year, and thumbs ups, and so forth. The car park dude at Middle Temple came over as I parked up, I thought to give me a bollocking for not displaying a parking sticker, but in fact to glom the car, and tell about his love of 827s.

Trip Advisor bit:  Here is the car outside a pretty good and not stupidly priced hotel in Marylebone, called Durrant's. Old school, slightly faded small hotel that has not gone hipster-boutique (with corresponding price hike), and has a decent bar and restaurant, although we went out to get pissed with my nephew and his charming, clever and sensationally smoking girlfriend at a groovy fakey Austrian place called Fischer's on Marylebone High Street.  Note to self: do not drink like thirty year old when out with thirty year old.   I am supposed to be doing culcha and lunch and stuff today, but think that I may bail on hangover grounds.

WP_20170224_08_26_43_Pro.jpg

• Skizzer, Magnificent Rustbucket, Honey Badger and 6 others like this

1983 Rover 2600 SE

1992 Jaguar XJS 4.0 

#425 OFFLINE   EssDeeWon

EssDeeWon

• Full Members
  • 3,600 posts
  • LocationEssex

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Much Jels! Shame I missed it, i work near Regent Street/Oxford Street.

The last time I was riding in an SD1 2600 in the west end it majorly overheated and boiled over at Piccadilly Circus, that was 1987.

• Skizzer likes this

2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur Auto  (Primrose Yellow)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users