Fiesta project, scrapyard survivor !

Tonka

Hopefully in between "visiting" tomorrow I'm going to turn it round, whip off the front bumper, prime it and start flatting the other side.

I have been given permission to play outside as long as it doesn't make us late for lunch, looks like being eat and run so I'm back mid afternoon... :wink:

This is the first Fiesta I've owned in over 14 years I used to run both MK 1 & 2 's back then and they still makes a perfectly usable daily driver with the added bonus of being "retro" now...... 8)

Best I can do at the moment is this one from when we first bought it, it was originally beige, then purple before going green....the Fox has been sat in the back of my garage for at least 18 months now, the next time it moves will be when a new owner collects it hopefully in the next few weeks I can get it out and advertise it as my son has no interest in it these days (it was bought for him) and I really could do with the space back.

SDC11728.jpg

After a late finish last night flatting it down due to an extended "family do" things were back on track today meaning the other side is now painted so I can have a day off tomorrow and work on our recently acquired Civic instead!

101_1025.jpg

When I first bought it the front bumper looked a little sad, instead of stumping up the £50 + that is the going rate for a new one these days I waited patiently until a shop soiled (scratched) smooth black one came up on Ebay for £15, the rear one had two cracking dents in it and was textured grey so with a bit of effort and some high build primer I now have a nice pair of nearly matching smooth colour coded bumpers, I say nearly matching because the front one has holes for the extra trim insert off the later models but as I have two Cortina inserts the same depth a little bit of trimming and some satin black will have the front end looking as it should! 8)

101_1020.jpg

The plan now is to spend Saturday and Sunday buffing the new and old paintwork, blacking under the arches and generally cleaning it up, touching up bits as I go along, hopefully by Sunday night it will be the cleanest/shiniest it's been in years, then it's time for a quick photo shoot on Monday with pictures of inside and out before it starts getting dirty again on the daily commute on Wednesday. :roll:

After far too many late nights (last night it was nearly 10 before I locked up and came in) we have a completed Fiesta, I say complete, it still could do with a bit more of a clean up inside but that will have to wait until the weekend.

101_1036.jpg

101_1037.jpg

101_1038.jpg

101_1039.jpg

I've done about 40 miles in it today and what an eventful journey it was, first off I had to retrace my journey to the "outlaws" after we lost a hub cap, then on the way to our daughter's a complete Pr*ck in a Corsa overtook me doing about 70 across some cross hatches showering the car with loose chippings, when I stopped to check the car and take the above pictures before it got dark I found the OSF bumper end cap was loose!

20 minutes with my lead lamp tonight, freshly repainted hubcap refitted with a bit of adhesive assistance, all end caps checked and secure and a few "fresh" stone chips touched-in.

So it's back to work tomorrow for a rest..............! :wink:

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement it makes it all worthwhile, even though I have devoted most of the Christmas break to working on the car, just driving round in it today and watching people's reaction when they saw it means not one moment was wasted and it's all the more remarkable when you consider that during this time I've also been helping out my wife who had an operation on the 18th and who's arm has been in a sling up until yesterday and on top of that I only have one good "strong" arm since spinal surgery years ago and that shoulder has been playing up for weeks. I'm being sent for Physio as I have restricted movement which became even more apparent when I picked up my buffer for the first time in 12 months and struggled to hold it for more than a few seconds at a time!

It's all part of being "Fifty and fooked" but if this is the result I'll keep battling on............. 8)