The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

8 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I put on seat covers on the Vivaro today and this was a big improvement.

20220325_124513.thumb.jpg.b21225ddfb76779357da8855924ac999.jpg

20220325_152949.thumb.jpg.082cd07b21ecda2e73955580b8da55fb.jpg

We did that to my brother in law's Trafic. The seat frame was so worn out that the metalwork was poking through. I don't know why the standard seats are so flimsy?

3 minutes ago, grogee said:

We did that to my brother in law's Trafic. The seat frame was so worn out that the metalwork was poking through. I don't know why the standard seats are so flimsy?

Mine is 18 years old and has almost 300,000 km on it so seat wear is to be expected. But the use they are exposed to probably means a lot to the seats.

Visiting the parents this weekend, and mum has had a tidy up and wants me to sort out the remains of my toy cars etc.

the eagle is staying, but I’m not that attached to any of the rest if people would like to offer £? I can take more pics and details if needed.

34469086-067F-4C2C-B435-1950ACA1E15C.jpeg

640F93E5-5EBD-4098-99A9-0C05AF0D39CA.jpeg

Perhaps this is more of a grump… but why do no garages want to weld any more? My 9000 failed on a small patch of welding needed on the inner arch. Called my two go to places and no we don’t weld any more. Phoned two local garages I have used previously, one says we only weld if we have to on things we have MoTd and another fobbed me off. Found a body shop local to work “no we don’t weld we farm our welding out to X garage” so I phoned them “sorry can’t help my welder is broken and we’re not fixing it”

One classic car place said it wasn’t classic enough for them, one other said they could do it but not within the retest window.

Thankfully I have now found a place to do it, in Rhyl of all places. Hope they’re good! My friend who welds (gates and fences and stuff mainly) had offered to have a go… but he’s not welded anything car related for about 20 years! I think it’s time I learned to weld.

In other news… after three outgoings so far in 2022, I appear to have agreed the first incoming! 

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

Visiting the parents this weekend, and mum has had a tidy up and wants me to sort out the remains of my toy cars etc.

the eagle is staying, but I’m not that attached to any of the rest if people would like to offer £? I can take more pics and details if needed.

34469086-067F-4C2C-B435-1950ACA1E15C.jpeg

640F93E5-5EBD-4098-99A9-0C05AF0D39CA.jpeg

Put them on the shite in miniature thread.

That black Matchbox Javelin is quite rare.

5 hours ago, brownnova said:

Perhaps this is more of a grump… but why do no garages want to weld any more?

Garages never wanted to weld, they had to because everything needed welding all of the time. Now nothing needs welding until it's scrap fodder, so it's just not worth the hassle of having the kit/skills to do it. You can be doing mechanical work on three cars parked next to each other no bother, chop a bit out of a motor with an angle grinder or get some weld splatter on an adjacent car and you're fucked.

Jump started the Volvo and went to the unit. Used my newly acquired yard brush to remove most* of the dusty rusty shite from the floor. Much improved. Still got to do the bits amongst the assorted shite around the edges, but I'll wait until I'm moving it to put on shelves anyway. First time I've swept the place since I moved in 2 years ago, it really needed it.