Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

I love seeing cars with plates that are worth more than the car they're attached to such as the Focus and Avensis above. Usually driven by some old boy who's probably had the plate since the 1940s and transferred it between all his cars, it's like saying "yeah I've got a few bob tucked away but I don't need to show off about it" (if having a posh plate isn't showing off...)

^^^^This^^^^

Eaton Square. I was just driving down this road the other day.

A few years ago whilst walking down that road (Cliveden Place I think) towards Sloane Square I spotted this:

fefb7150.jpg

Also in Central London, I saw a some small modern Merc coupe thing sporting the plate 'ANY 1' and a Black Merc E-class with THA11 or something similar.

I might have posted this before, but it makes me smile. The famouse plate 'A1' at some point used to live on Rover Sterlings:

a1_numberplate.GIF

A1-02.jpg

A1-03.jpg

I think it now lives on some BINI Cooper S auto.

I love seeing cars with plates that are worth more than the car they're attached to such as the Focus and Avensis above. Usually driven by some old boy who's probably had the plate since the 1940s and transferred it between all his cars, it's like saying "yeah I've got a few bob tucked away but I don't need to show off about it" (if having a posh plate isn't showing off...)

My povo-spec LPG-powered C5 got 286LG when it was six years old and wore it for a couple of years. The last time I checked the plate was on a seven year old diesel Corsa. I imagine the plate was worth more than the car in both cases.

Oh aye, must get a picture of a car up the road which belongs to someone who does those 'murder mystery' weekend tings. The reg no. is MY57ERY and to be fair it looks pretty good!

...Stuff about 'A1'...

Oh yeh, forgot to add, the A1 plate also used to live on a Granada that used to belong to the Dunlop company:

5238963070_6fce6ce0ab_z.jpg

Anyone got this book? Looks interesting.

I had a pre-Bellamy version in the late 1970s, IIRC Big Chief I-Spy had SPY999 on a Renault 16. Cars didn't move around nearly so much then so progress was slow after I had filled in all the local codes.

I'd rather walk than go GreasyJet again. Useless cunts the lot of them. Even Alitalia are better, and their cabin crews spend most of their time arguing with each other.

Worse than Ryanair? I flew with them once, it won't be happening again.

btw is your avatar Ronnie Barker? There is a hint of Gordon Brown in there :shock:

Gordon Brown, now there is an idea..... Yes it is supposed to be Ronnie.

Maybe however....

be9e78b5480e96229294f64dbe5be934_sex_god.jpg

and thats only because he looks a bit like me.

My mate has A16 WTF on his mk1 mr2, its not a 1.6, he is running a 260bhp 2 litre turbo. I work with a bloke who has TF51 DUB on his Golf mk5 tfsi. Back when they were famous I used to see the keyboard player from 90s band space driving around liverpool in his E Class a lot... his plate was S7NTH. The bass player was meant to have N4STY on a BMW convertible, but I never saw it. Also remember seeing either FAG60T or F46GOT on a mk1 shogun on some motorway back when I was a kid.

Can one of you jolly number plate checking folk please have a look at 11 WED or WED 11 as there was an uber tidy ADO16 with that plate on in Chester not too long agao I'm sure.

Appleogies if already reported, next door neighbour of my outlaws bought his Mrs a new Ford Fucus for chrimbo one year, all was going swimmingly until she saw the reg. EA51LAY. Honest reg. supplied by Dagenham motors I'm led to believe but almost led to divorce with many loud arguments over the festive period. The plate has since been changed.....

CJ

Can one of you jolly number plate checking folk please have a look at 11 WED or WED 11 as there was an uber tidy ADO16 with that plate on in Chester not too long agao I'm sure.

11 WED not found.

WED 11 is on a red 1997 Jaguar Sovereign.

Thanks, it must have been the latter and they transferred it from the Austin.