Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

Saw a TVR Chimera (or similar) with the number plate G20WLY today (the "2" slightly squished to look like an "R"). Well smart.Took a photo, but my phone and PC seem to have had a disagreement, and aren't talking.And I can't find my phone disc. Bumcakes.Anyone else got any?

I remember seeing that on That's Life. It's on a Land Rover nowVehicle Registration Mark OBO110XMake LAND ROVERModel UNKNOWNTransmission & fuel type DIESELBody Type 5 DOOR HATCHBACKColour BLACKThe enquiry is completeThe vehicle details for OBO 110X are:Date of Liability 01 01 2010Date of First Registration 01 01 2009Year of Manufacture 2009Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3628CCCO2 Emissions 294g/KmFuel Type Heavy OilExport Marker Not ApplicableVehicle Status Licence Not DueVehicle Colour BLACKVehicle Type Approval M1

Locally we have P1 KEY on a Ferrari, P1GGY and P1GEY belonging to the same farmer, but the ones that tickle me are a husband and wife with E1N VW on her Golf Cabrio and E1N TT on his Audi.All they need now is DA5 8OOT lol

If your car is stolen and never recovered, will the DVLA reissue the plate to you?I ask because here is a RR thread about a stolen 1980's Mazda pick up with quite a distinctive plate (4 VVN or something).The plate's worth far more than the vehicle, which since its a old RWD Jap pick up was probably stolen for export, and hence will never be seen again.I presume you can insure the plate if the DVLA don't/won't reissue it.

Just remembered another good local one. A the scrap metal and skip hire place in Horncastle I saw one of their Volvo skip lorries had the plate A SK1P on it.I remember a few years back seing the reg LOW1 on a bog stock N14 Nissan Sunny. Apparently, it's now on a Ford Fusion, whatever that is.

I hate the concept of making words out of number plates, saying that there are some good ones about, like the mk3 Transit that an Edinburgh signwriter owned - S1 GNS - until I realised that the G was in fact a C and practically unreadable as such.I think Porsche had a couple of nice marks such as A 911 and THE 928S ?

Theres a Corsa Combo around here with V1 DEC and a screw to make it look like "video". I haven't seen it for a while, and yes, the roof "spoiler" was rusty.My Sierra is G56 ALK and I like to thing it's my "private" plate as I like a tipple, I remember seeing FU 2 on a White Merc around Windsor/Slough about 1983 ish.....PAK1 on a Stateside built limo......long gone off the register though.When I was about 11, one of our neighbours has a Morris Mini with ***MPG was the plate, and it was scrapped one year. I remember the truck lifting it with the claw. I think they gave her 8 quid for it..........She was over the moon! I remember it was turquoise with red seats and a white roof........Local newsagent had a Blue Peugeot 604 with the reg OPG 604 R, I always loved it.The hearse that took my Grandad away had DOA as the plate.................There's more, but my brain hurts............