Jump to content

Cars with the model number in the registration plate


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Posted

Saw this beauty tonight…who’d be stupid enough to put that on their Rider Autech Elgrand?  🤨😳😒

IMG_1955.jpeg.a7b494831bbb5bd10bbdec5b6ce34f56.jpeg

Posted

In their* defence, it was only a couple of hundred quid.

 

 

* I imagine, obviously…

  • Haha 2
Posted

Tenuous, but I have this on my ZT 260. The first two letters are my initials.

IMG_4617small.jpg

  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

I guess my recently acquired TT can go in this thread as it came with this plate:

 

 

FB_IMG_1779310273823.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

It’s not really what I was trying to demonstrate in the original post as I am sure that this is not a “happy coincidence” 

IMG_4857.png.78d9d5ce444576abd04604e21e88a446.png

or in other words I would imagine most of the available J911… or J…911 combinations are by now allocated to Porsches, likely by design rather than by accident. 

IMG_4883.jpeg.ab3540bef77f38921a679933641c2909.jpeg

Posted

But here’s a better one 

IMG_4872.jpeg.c0da9d756acfc90cae5a8dba291b4bcd.jpeg

IMG_4874.jpeg.7487100883d63bfe1088d583c0ee312c.jpeg

  • Like 2
Posted
On 04/06/2026 at 10:50, Datsuncog said:

image.jpg.5e697ce38f467d10ea054e4aa9188428.jpg

✅

IMG-20260506-WA00092.jpg.992d89f17a98d4a820e688a57165ee31.jpg

✅

IMG-20260318-WA00332.jpg.83ed2ada5c0fc653eafe45f095d76bc5.jpg

✅

IMG-20260508-WA00162.jpg.e06e3e4a37b7a6990137b9b7710e04f1.jpg

❌

It seems to be the law that if you have a GR Yaris you have to have some kind of car-related plate.

Posted
53 minutes ago, jon.k said:

It seems to be the law that if you have a GR Yaris you have to have some kind of car-related plate.

Well, how's anyone meant to know it's an <<OMG GR>> otherwise? 

They'll think you're just tooling about in your nan's car. 

Posted
7 hours ago, mk2_craig said:

It’s not really what I was trying to demonstrate in the original post as I am sure that this is not a “happy coincidence” 

IMG_4857.png.78d9d5ce444576abd04604e21e88a446.png

or in other words I would imagine most of the available J911… or J…911 combinations are by now allocated to Porsches, likely by design rather than by accident. 

IMG_4883.jpeg.ab3540bef77f38921a679933641c2909.jpeg

More

IMG_4887.jpeg.2ee6b8442d3d6919270187e7bf4c5887.jpeg

not just the 911 that is prone to the phenomenon. 

IMG_4888.jpeg.63956e6a8ba2efacac5ccd0eae0519e2.jpeg

Posted

My first car was a Daewoo Lanos, T911AJR.

 

After I bought it my first insurance quote was £2k. Which I thought was pretty reasonable as P911AJR was a carrera 2

Posted

My boss once had a very early pre-spoiler-recall Denim Blue Audi TT 225 Quattro, registered V544ETT. That reg used to be the area code for Exeter anyway so this was purely co-incidental. He loved it and only drove it occasionally for about the 8 years that he owned it for.

Looking it up, sadly this TT seems to have long since fallen into much worse hands and scrapped quite recently. 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

No picture,but i have just followed a Volvo 262 with reg number--VOL262C.

Posted

Saw a Citroën Saxo VTS on someone's drive a while back with VTS 16V as it's reg.

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...