Late registration madness

Mash

I wonder if that Minor is the "famous" one built from NOS parts by a Swindon BL dealer at the request of a customer? It was covered in Autocar and Motor at the time - IIRC it cost something like £3,600, which would have easily bought a P6...

I remember reading about that in a Motor magazine, I recall checking the registration on the DVLA website and recalling the licence had expired quite a few years ago. Probabily ended up as an insurance write off.

We were following a 51 plate Uno last week on the A34, but it started to make sense when I noticed it was a left hooker - and more than likely an import from Poland.

I'v not seen any for a while, but do any of you remember seeing the odd 'L' reg Nova kicking about? I remember seeing a couple several years ago. Both were SRi's.

That 08 plate Rover 75 is very unusual. Even more so that it's the earlier and vastly more pretty twin headlamp model, before it was progressively uglified with blocky bumpers and single headlamp units. If that was going for half that price, I would be seriously tempted myself.

Aren't they the later alloy wheels though :? . I could very well be wrong, but they don’t appear to 'fit' the twin headlamp generation of the 75.

saw a Pug 205 on a P plate today. never seen one that late before.

They’re a little unusual, but not quite as rare as you may think. I know of at least two white 'P' plate 205’s hanging around in Shropshire. I’m sure there’s one to the west of Market Drayton somewhere. The other, which for the life of me I can’t remember exactly where, I spotted somewhere in the vicinity of the A49 around Hadnall from memory. I do recall seeing one other ‘P’ plate, a locally registered one, in metallic blue around my way some years back, but not seen it for a long time.

Saw an S reg Moggie 1000 Estate a few years ago on the A55. Probably ex RAF. Also, a chap came to my house one day to look at one of my cars and he turned up in a D reg MK2 Granada which was only a couple of months off being an E reg!

I've seen an 'N' reg Vauxhall Astra Belmont driving around a year or two. However, I felt that there was something a bit dodgy about the car but to give it an 'N' plate was rather blasé. I suspect that the V5 probably had '1995 or 1996 Daewoo Nexia' on it. :D

I'd bet a tenner that it has now been scrapped - by Plod, most likely.

Just done a DVLA check on it, It's a strange one.

The vehicle details for AEV 121X are:

Date of Liability 01 05 2011

Date of First Registration 21 05 1980

Year of Manufacture 1975

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Licence Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Surely that would make it a W plate?, Even if it has been replated.

• 1 month later...