Jump to content

Late registration madness


Recommended Posts

Posted

whats even crazier is that a MK1 plaxton pointer ended up getting a 56 REG Plate

MC56 HAM

Even One On A S REG too

S861 VAT

 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Noah Davies said:

whats even crazier is that a MK1 plaxton pointer ended up getting a 56 REG Plate

MC56 HAM

Even One On A S REG too

S861 VAT

 

That 56 Plate is a Prototype; unique for an SPD as it doesn't have the usual bonded glazing.

I don't know if they still have that. They also had a Neobus bodied Dart SLF.

I've been to one of their yards. Very interesting! 

Edited by Leyland Worldmaster
Unicorns
Posted
33 minutes ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

That 56 Plate is a Prototype; unique for an SPD as it doesn't have the usual bonded glazing.

I don't know if they still have that. They also had a Neobus bodied Dart SLF.

I've been to one of their yards. Very interesting! 

It does however have the standard SPD arse sag.

  • Haha 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, 83C said:

It does however have the standard SPD arse sag.

That was OEM; the S701-705VKM (I think) batch for Maidstone Park and Ride had that from new!

Not quite as pronounced as the Omnicity however! 🤓

Posted
8 minutes ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

That was OEM; the S701-705VKM (I think) batch for Maidstone Park and Ride had that from new!

Not quite as pronounced as the Omnicity however! 🤓

Same with the V, W & X reg examples for Stagecoach West, I don't think I've ever seen an SPD that wasn't trying to emulate a dog with worms. Definitely a stretch too far for the Dart platform. That '56' plate really is weird though, given by then it was Transbus rather than Dennis I'd almost assume it to be something accident damaged that got repaired using a withdrawn early Pointer as a donor rather than something factory built 8-9 years after they stopped using the molds.

Edit: Just read that it was indeed built in 1998 but for whatever reason not registered until 2006. Still a bit strange, wonder if the gasket windows were an issue? I always had the feeling the bonded windows on the SPDs were structural...

Posted
1 hour ago, 83C said:

Same with the V, W & X reg examples for Stagecoach West, I don't think I've ever seen an SPD that wasn't trying to emulate a dog with worms. Definitely a stretch too far for the Dart platform. That '56' plate really is weird though, given by then it was Transbus rather than Dennis I'd almost assume it to be something accident damaged that got repaired using a withdrawn early Pointer as a donor rather than something factory built 8-9 years after they stopped using the molds.

Edit: Just read that it was indeed built in 1998 but for whatever reason not registered until 2006. Still a bit strange, wonder if the gasket windows were an issue? I always had the feeling the bonded windows on the SPDs were structural...

I think I read that the bonded glazing was structural! In any case, an interesting survivor! 😎

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

came across finding this
image.png.d8b21c2894b3a1e4e39ddc2019a02527.png

There Are A Few 15 REG Plate Zafira's

Posted
1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Screenshot_20260913_190415_com_google_android_googlequicksearchbox_LensExportedAct.jpg.0fb9c6d46698b6fbeab0a62652e655e2.jpg

it was temporarly an 07 but at the end it went back to 05

Posted
9 minutes ago, Noah Davies said:

it was temporarly an 07 but at the end it went back to 05

I would have thought it went from there straight to the scrapyard but apparently not. It's currently sorned. Can't imagine it has much future unless they are going to open top it, which is usually just a stepping stone to the scrappy anyway. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Yoss said:

Screenshot_20260913_190415_com_google_android_googlequicksearchbox_LensExportedAct.jpg.0fb9c6d46698b6fbeab0a62652e655e2.jpg

Tell me it's the last ever of the show.

  • Haha 2
Posted

I think this was imported into England in 2024. Not sure why it carries a T-plate as year of manufacturer is listed 1990 and reg'd in 1991.

FB_IMG_1789858363451.jpg.58282634b0c0e032872107599fe60451.jpg

FB_IMG_1789859089796.jpg.e3904b9d5a6ea2a60c414bf5f8612db4.jpg

Posted
1 hour ago, Lord Sterling said:

I think this was imported into England in 2024. Not sure why it carries a T-plate as year of manufacturer is listed 1990 and reg'd in 1991.

FB_IMG_1789858363451.jpg.58282634b0c0e032872107599fe60451.jpg

FB_IMG_1789859089796.jpg.e3904b9d5a6ea2a60c414bf5f8612db4.jpg

Weren't some imported from India?

Posted
1 hour ago, warren t claim said:

Weren't some imported from India?

Yep. There were Indian-built W124s. I took a pic of one years ago.

This one is way to early for that. It's an 89/90 car. W124 building in India started in 1995 so would have been facelifted by then.

  • Like 1
Posted
10 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

I think this was imported into England in 2024. Not sure why it carries a T-plate as year of manufacturer is listed 1990 and reg'd in 1991.

FB_IMG_1789858363451.jpg.58282634b0c0e032872107599fe60451.jpg

FB_IMG_1789859089796.jpg.e3904b9d5a6ea2a60c414bf5f8612db4.jpg

Possibly a personal plate.

Vaj and Vajra are Hindi male names. Vaja is also a traditional first name or surname of Georgian origin.

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...