Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

Last night I spotted A16USE, spaced/fonted to spell ABUSE. Seen on a Mitsi Evo VIII in London's west end, presumably the chariot of some kind of 'businessman' involved in the supply of supple albanian girls to the overnighting executive....

Registration PU51RUB

How come they issued PU51 but they wouldn't issue SN07? Can anybody even see why SN07 is offensive?
SNOT offensive to me.There is a woman around here who drives a BMW Z4 " M155 PVC"No idea what she does for a living?!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p?t=617609

Car licence plates which bear the sequence SN07 were banned from the streets of Edinburgh because they are "offensive", it has emerged.

The plate had been due to follow on from the SN56 registration in March.

Licensing officials at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) changed the plate to TN07 to avoid it being similar to the word "snot".

The change means that cars registered in the capital are the only ones in Scotland not to begin with an S.

A DVLA spokesperson said the decision to change the plates was taken to avoid offending car buyers in the capital.

They never issued the letter I in the three-letter group.... you're probably thinking of PU51 RUB which was someone on Volkszone who had it on a monkey-bike thing, that was a few years ago so might have changed to a bigger bike. But definately can't be LIK :)

Registration PU51RUB

Make VOLKSWAGEN

Model BEETLE

Description

Engine Capacity(cc) 1596

Year Manufactured 2001

:oops: You're quite right, it wasn't on a monkey bike, it was a VZI'er with a New Beetle. I'm thinking of V4DGE which is/was on a monkey bike - appears to not be in the database now.

The reason for my confusement is I took a photo at VW Action a few years ago with them parked side by side.

In fact PU51RUB is googlable and the first two pages are VZI links... the next one down has this photo:

Posted Image

Just found this in my photobucket - another of yours NB...

Posted Image

I'm not a stalker or anything, :oops: that was from a thread months ago - wasn't that one dragging another Strada home to chez Bickle? Heroic.

Edit to add this:

Posted Image

That is screwed to a beam in my old man's workshop.

In the early 70s, he was a scrap man in Leeds, and had a bike in for disposal with that over the front wheel. He saved the number and put it his recovery truck. Later, he gave it to a manager of his yard in Hunslet. The manager has now died, but AFAIK, his widow still has it on her car.

I believe that is '10 U', but there has been a '1 ou' changing hands for megabucks.

Hell KruJoe-thats good!.I'll admit to these 'personal plates' -need to hide the age in the 'Office car park':-B1 CKL-Supra turbo B1 UKL Strada B10 KLE -MondialB15 KLE- Volumex B7 NAB K100RS B8 NAB- Bx 4by4P1 NAB -Blackbird P8 NAB-Blackbird NAB 753D Trab TrampNAB 848D-Dattie PL411 NAB 850D -Dattie P411NAB 997- Rver VitesseNAB 909T-5 Gordini NAB 8P- 635csi NAE 1Y-Strada 105tcNBZ83- Ren17 NBZ 228 FuegoT NBZ 290-Fuego gtsNBZ 345 SaabT NBZ 2601 -18 estateANZ900= Saab cabrio A8NNO- her CoupeProb forgotten a few.....Plus a good few on retention.

One of my dormant Fiestas currently in Scottish storage is B666VTS, by the time I get round to putting it back on the road the market for the plate from owners of chav Citroens will long have passed :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Used to be a Ford Capri (Customised) in the Galashiels area in the late 1970's/early 1980's with the registration 8EXY it was the black and silver reflective PVC type plate but the 8 was part highlighted with an S so it read SEXYBest reg I saw was in Northern Ireland on an old Victor back in 1987 which was rusting slowly at the side of a farm SOI 69Had thoughts of buying the car/plate and getting as sticker made up with "I enjoy mutual satisfaction" to put above the plate reading SO I 69Never happened of course :roll:

I saw a motorbike with the registration ST08FUD yesterday. I don't think it means anything in England but it's quite rude in Scotland, certainly far ruder than snot.The rider fell off at the next corner, thereby proving himself to be a fud.

ROFL, I have to send this to my mate!In Oban last week, and a couple of miles out I saw a green 1980's Bentley/Roller with the plate F10BAN but spaced F1 OBAN so that you were in no doubt that it was Fiona from Oban's brief.