Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

I like what police are doing with personal plates at the moment - if they've been messed-around with, they can give you a notice to fix it and have to submit photographic evidence that it is on new properly-spaced plates in the correct font etc.

If you mess around again (put the old plates on etc.), they just withdraw the registration. Bit heavy-handed, but I don't like rubbish personal plates anyway.

I'm not so keen on that. I don't like stupid plates either, but the DVLA do sell them on the basis they look like a word, ANPR can still read mis-spaced plates and as long as the car's legal, wanky plates hurt no-one.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Andrew, what are those spots all across your chest ? RUST spots?? :lol:
Superfluous nipples?

I like that plate, not at all wanky on a nice car like that.

I had T16WRC on my Pug back in Australia which will mean something if you know your rallying. The sad bugger in me quite likes the idea of an L555 plate on the wifes Subaru.

I used to have a Citroen BX estate back in the early 90's on which I proudly displayed DRA1N.Got stuck in traffic in Covent Garden one day behind a Ferrari and turned more heads than the red footballer express.Although I strongly suspect a laughing at, rather than with situation going on.After that had an XM with 8EX...Can't claim that I owned any of these, or several other numbers I ran around with. It was before the days of dealers being able to put numbers on retention and a plate dealer friend of mine would buy a number and then need a car to park it on until it sold.When I finally did buy a number of my own, SET21, my shop is called SET, felt such a dick that I sold it on almost straight away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...If you own a "ye olde tea shoppe" on the Isle Of Wight there really IS only one registration number to have...

Posted Image

I also saw a Mercedes with the registration number 10 W ("Isle Of Wight") Pretty cool... Pity I didn't have my camera ready!