AS communal Rover 75 / MG ZT lickers thread

Cookiesouwest

On 7/22/2023 at 10:50 AM, JuridicalGrunt said:

Morning all  

I recently bought this to be my new daily driver a zt 190 plus in monogram IAV twilight, 55 thousand miles 2 owners last owner had it since 2006 still has the mg rover direct number plates they were only selling as it wasn't ulez compliant. its not a show car it has some lacquer peel on the spoiler and some marks on the bumpers but its perfect to be my daily driver. 

IMG_0360.thumb.jpeg.0294190664d8b4ae5cc0895b4955d7f2.jpeg 

Only 12 ZT in Twilight produced! Only 1 of them was a 190+!! So a bit of a one off. But technically its 1 of 12 but not sure which number of 12.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tourer back today, after the major MOT. After driving my son's 106 and my wife's Panda, not that there is anything wrong with either, it was so good to be in a proper car again. I had almost forgotten how lovely these things are and how good it makes me feel to drive it. I did have small thoughts about getting something else but not now. The car is perfect for me. 

As mentioned, tourer is back. So I thought I would add a little personal touch to her. I think it improves the dash, I know not everyone will agree mind. I ordered some bits from the 75 forum (be still, autoshite  is still my forum of choice). Now one could go completely mad and get these walnut bits for every conceivable surface in the cabin but I think that would make it look like a 1970s brothel, so I just got the bits to make the air con and radio blend into the dash. I rather like it and it's a good match.

IMG_20230822_203109.jpg

14 minutes ago, andyberg said:

As mentioned, tourer is back. So I thought I would add a little personal touch to her. I think it improves the dash, I know not everyone will agree mind. I ordered some bits from the 75 forum (be still, autoshite  is still my forum of choice). Now one could go completely mad and get these walnut bits for every conceivable surface in the cabin but I think that would make it look like a 1970s brothel, so I just got the bits to make the air con and radio blend into the dash. I rather like it and it's a good match.

IMG_20230822_203109.jpg

Ooooo

Nice

• 2 weeks later...

One of the advisories for the MOT was rear subframe corrosion, so knowing they are a bit expensive and possibly a twat to fit I decided to do some preventative maintenance. I asked the collective about LANOGUARD type products on another thread and after a really helpful response I took the plunge. Done the rear subframe of the 75. But like a twat forgot to take pictures! Yes there is surface rust on the subframe but not as bad as I imagined. My son did say his boss is quite picky when it comes to rust. It does look a lot better now I have to say. But it does smell of a farmyard. A 750ml bottle was plenty, I also did the rear tow ball mount on my wife's car (MOT advisory) and probably have enough left to do a good portion of my son's 106 next week. Time will tell but even if it needs doing before every winter then I think it's £20 well spent every year. The rest of the underside looks really solid to me so I'm really pleased with that. Still love the car to bits.

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

That's moved!  Did it start or was a tractor involved?

Nah moves under its own steam. One of the front wheels hasnae got as guid a hud as it should. Will drive onto scrap lorry soon. Need to remove the rear blind and a few other choice bits. 🙃

Please can someone tell me how the trinary switch system works on the 75 coolant fan?

I have a 75 ECU now running on my Freelander 1 (I already got hill descent and traction control working), but the way a Freelander1 ECU controls its cooling fan is totally different.

I think that the solution is to convert the Freelander 1 to the 75 trinary switch system but I don't really understand how they work.  It has air conditioning so I'll have to do that the 75 way as well.

• 2 months later...

In a curious development,  the bottom display on my 75 has recently begun to stay illuminated after the car is switched off and the keys removed. I doubt it will flatten the battery, but anyone any idea what's causing it or how to solve? The plenums are empty...

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

In a curious development,  the bottom display on my 75 has recently begun to stay illuminated after the car is switched off and the keys removed. I doubt it will flatten the battery, but anyone any idea what's causing it or how to solve? The plenums are empty...

Are you in the R75 and mgzt forum.

I guarantee one of the members there will know the reason

47 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

They're usually pretty good but they're not infallible.  A few years back I asked why my IPK screen had suddenly started displaying in French and nobody seemed to have come across it before.

(It still displays in French now, and the car's had a new ECU since then so that's not the issue.)

When I first bought mine it displayed in German. I think it was something to do with the owner's wife being German!

9 hours ago, barefoot said:

How old is the battery?