AS communal Rover 75 / MG ZT lickers thread

Cookiesouwest

3 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Note to Tourer owners - don't break your tail lights.  They are apparently completely unobtainium.  Even Rimming Brothers have sold out of their hideously overpriced units.

But plenty in breakers yards, Shirley? 

I may be joining The Fold soon, watch this OAP giffer shaped space

10 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Note to Tourer owners - don't break your tail lights.  They are apparently completely unobtainium.  Even Rimming Brothers have sold out of their hideously overpriced units.

Ooo that's not good. Possibly AliExpress may have something?

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

That now annoys me even further about that tourer that I tried to save!! I bet it was cubed almost in its entirety 

Other parts to save are rear window sill rubbers, the inner alloy stiffener corrodes and disintegrates and you just can't buy them anywhere.

I also hoover up all the scuttle trim clips and any other plastic studs I can get off as I have never found aftermarket ones that fit correctly. An inner door handle is always on my list too as guess who keeps breaking the clips on the chrome surround when removing the handle for access (which is required quote regularly!)

I need to go up with my rattle gun when there's a 75 and just strip it to fuck to keep mine going. Some parts are quite expensive.

21 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Have any of you good people out there have a 3D printer? Could something be made up? I have no idea how these things work, just wondering.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

It'd fail on that front plate :)

Yeah don’t worry it’s going get changed with one with legal spacing before the mot, it’s only blanked out because MR Weird car didn’t want his private plate visible on a public forum 🤷🏻‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 14:07, wuvvum said:

They're usually pretty good but they're not infallible.  A few years back I asked why my IPK screen had suddenly started displaying in French and nobody seemed to have come across it before.

(It still displays in French now, and the car's had a new ECU since then so that's not the issue.)

Started the 75 up at lunchtime and the IPK is back to reading in English again.

No, I have no idea either.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I saw that one the other day. 

It's surprising how many posts appear on the 75 Facebook pages asking if this 75 they've just bought is worth anything. Usually an example that's been out of MOT for 2 years, bits of broken trim littering the interior and beige cloth seats that are black and shining with body grease.