AUTOSHITERS COMMUNAL EBAY CRAP THREAD - WHO'S IN??!!

outlaw118

Well while I am here, here are a few CD's for sale/trade. Not on Ebay or owt. Dont want much for them but know roughly what they're worth.Ancient - The Cainian Chronical (Melodic Black Metal)Deinonychus - The Silence of December (Doom/Black Metal)Disiplin - Disiplin (Black Metal)Disturbed - The Sickness (Nu)Down - II A Bustle in Your Hedgerow (Stoner/groove with Phil from Pantera)Down - III Over the under (Stoner...)Dusk - The Darkouls Scream (Depressive Black)Dusk - Pray for Death (Depressive..)Dusk - Carpathian Darkness (Depressive..)Emperor - Prometheus, The Discipline of Fire and Demise (Symphonic/Avante Garde Black)Hermh - Taran (Melodic Black)Melvins + Fantomas (Mike Patton/Faith No More) - MonsterworksMonogono - Amuk (Technical, a bit like Meshuggah)Old Man's Child - The Defiance of Existence (Melodic Black)Pyramids - Pyramids (Psyhodelic/Weird) - Promo CDRabies Caste - Let the Soul out and Cut the Vein ('Post' Hardcore/Metal)Rakoth - Planeshift (Folk/Black)Saboath - Saboath (Melodic Black)The Monolith Deathcult - The ApotheosisThe Orb - Toxygene (Single)Troll - Universal (Black with Industrial elements)Withered - Memento Mori (Sludgy Death Metal)Winx - Left Above the CloudsFerret Music - Under the Gun (DVD, with videos from Every Time I Die, Blood Has Been Shed, Zao etc)..Cheers, Greg.

Birmingham Central Library are flogging off loads of old haynes manuals - rather comically priced - £2 for the ones in nice condition (i.e. for rare shite that nobody wanted to fix)! I thought I'd mention it here as there are a few rarities - Peugeot 304, Victor FD, Bedford HA van and Opel Kadett 73-79 for example. PM me if you live miles away and want to check what they have - I can get it and send it to you for the £1 or £2 and the postage.

In case there is anything of interest here;

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/ritchmo ... ZQQ_ipgZ25

hope the link works, I can't access eBay from work so copied a link I'd used previously!

For the items ending on Friday, prompt payment i.e. PayPal, will ensure that your item is sent out on Saturday, otherwise I am in Malta again next week & your item won't be despatched till the following Saturday!

I don't know what eBay are playing at, I think they've been at the magic mushrooms, they decided that I wasn't allowed to charge any postage for a couple of items, apparently the maximum in that category is £0.00.......WTF?!?!?!?! So let me get this straight, when I take said item down the to the post office for despatch, the post office is really going to say 'Right this item is going to cost you nothing to post.' REALLY??? Hmmm.....I think not!! How dare eBay tell me that I have to pay for the postage myself, where do they get off? If you purchase something online or mail order, you have to accept & factor in the postage charges, do you not? Or have I entered into a parallel dimension where postal charges no longer apply?! :?:x:evil::twisted:

Ebay can get bent. It's not for you or I to sell stuff on any more. They don't want you to sell your odds and sods. They only want 'little guys' as buyers, and buyers through THEIR monopoly payment system (so they make more). By banning P&P it makes an unfair playing field where the big-boys buying & selling in huge bulk will always win and small sellers will have to give up. It's just a showroom for multi-million £ companies and dropshippers of cheap chinese rubbish, and they are going hell for leather at the minute to squeeze everyone else out.

Just received a letter from a chap in Weston Super Mare. Says he has loads of motor/classic spares. He doesn't give an email addy but might be worth a phone call if you need something.01934 642383Can't read the name: Joe Pruto or something?

I've got a few bits up on ebay under 'simmo210'Breaking a SRI Vectra 2000/1 facelift model and I've still got a few bits and pieces left for a Reno Scenic and VW poloAlso I'm in the market for a Vauxhall Cavalier lump 1600-2000, prefer 8 valve carbed and cheap (obviously)

Ebay can get bent. It's not for you or I to sell stuff on any more. They don't want you to sell your odds and sods. They only want 'little guys' as buyers, and buyers through THEIR monopoly payment system (so they make more). By banning P&P it makes an unfair playing field where the big-boys buying & selling in huge bulk will always win and small sellers will have to give up. It's just a showroom for multi-million £ companies and dropshippers of cheap chinese rubbish, and they are going hell for leather at the minute to squeeze everyone else out.

They don't exactly make it easy for slightly bigger sellers either y'know. Fees are getting more and more and the terms eBay impose upon sellers are getting to be increasingly restrictive. Trouble is, eBay really want to be more like Amazon, selling mainly brand new items from large sellers. They really don't want to deal with smaller sellers at all.I've looked at selling on Amazon but compared to Amazon, eBays terms and fees look positively generous :roll:

By banning P&P it makes an unfair playing field where the big-boys buying & selling in huge bulk will always win and small sellers will have to give up.

Oh FFS, now what are they up to??Why is no-one ever happy with making a good living and turning greedy? ebay was set up as a place for collectors across the world to buy and sell stuff. Now it's like a bloody market stall full of mobile phone covers and wanky cheap mp3 players.Wankers.

To be fair, they are not imposing a blanket P&P ban - we still charge P&P on all our items.What they have done is say that in certain categories (DVDs and CDs spring to mind) that you can't charge P&P. The practical impact of this has been that where sellers used to start a CD at 99p and charge £1.00 for postage, they just start the item at £1.99 so the the total the buyer pays including P&P is probably no more than it would have been previously.Ebay obviously knew that sellers would just increase prices to include the cost of postage and it benefits them as they in turn get more money - because the listing and then sale price is now slightly, eBay earn more as the listing fee and final value fee is increased :roll: Trouble is, since eBay became stock market listed they have to deliver ever increasing returns to shareholders. Its about time there was a viable alternative...

What they have done is say that in certain categories (DVDs and CDs spring to mind) that you can't charge P&P. The practical impact of this has been that where sellers used to start a CD at 99p and charge £1.00 for postage, they just start the item at £1.99 so the the total the buyer pays including P&P is probably no more than it would have been previously.

It would not affect DVD sellers as much as booksellers, where it can easily cost up to £3 to postl an average hardback and £2 for a large paperback. Auctions starting at up to 99p have no listing fee, those starting above that have a 10p listing fee (for books dvds, etc) That means that for a typical paperback the buyer will see the opening bid at £2.99 instead of 99p and apparently not so much of a bargain, and the seller will pay 40p on a 99p book rather than 10p. They look small amounts but add up when you are selling off a collection.The predictable results are that book auctions have dropped from over 750,00 to under 300,000 in a couple of weeks and you are less likely to find that obscure book lost in a sea of cheap tat from megalisters.Try looking at Ebid, only 2% fees is attracting a lot of sellers although it still has along way to go. I have started to put my magazine collection on there:http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Magazine-EmporiumIf I were to do it on Ebay i would probably be out of pocket. BTW you can still use your Paypal play money with most sellers on Ebid :)

The predictable results are that book auctions have dropped from over 750,00 to under 300,000 in a couple of weeks

That seems crazy. Surely less for sale (even if they make more money on them) ought to mean less visitors to the site leading to less activity etc. I'd love to have a crystal ball to see how they're doing in another 5 years time. Hopefully another on the list of failures due to excess greed.

Ebid is the only alternative at the minute, but they seem to have got it arse about face as well. By allowing fixed prices when they are still 'small fry' they are shooting themselves in the foot.... eBay was a success to begin with because early buyers got BARGAINS, picking up the things they wanted for low prices. No reserve auctions is the only way to build this, because it works like chinese whispers... so-and-so got X on ebid for a quid etc, then 10 more people start looking. If it's full ove stuff which isn't an immediate bargain, folk are not going to keep coming back. I have an eBid account, so I am going to try selling a few bits on it this week and see what happens. If we all do this, then it will work. And eBay will fail. And they will only have themselves to blame. Idiots.

Right, I have created my first listing on eBid, now to see if I get any bids...?http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?mo=t ... r=pogspeedDoes that link work?

It works but it's come up as your 'about me' page (or whatever it's called) and can't see any links to your actual listings?Kwal rant though fella, hope this eBid malarkey works out as will use it myself.*Edit: actually top left of screen I can see links to your wares.

I tried lozzing a bid in on the Rover Dose issue of Retro cars, but I appear to have forgotten my password :roll: For now eBid isnt banned in the prison, so I can surf to mey hearts content, ebay is banned though, as is webmail so I cant recover my password till I get out.Anyhoo, will have a little trog around ebid and try putting some bits on myself later. Looking for a GEM badge myself if anyone has one.

Hope that they do well, Pog; try putting one or two of them on 7 days rather than 7 days from first bid, otherwise they will never rise to the first page. You can set it to automatically relist up to 10 times so you don't have to keep relisting.The more the merrier, sites like this will only flourish by word of mouth, they haven't got Ebay's resources for advertising (or their fees :) )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2762.l1259

With a warming up nicely Q&A session from someone who can't read. He's just replied to my answer to his first question and said 'tell me I'm interted'.

So I've replied with 'You're interted'.

I think it's time to add him to my blocked bidders list.