The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I hate this bastard street I have rather unfortunately landed back in. Today I had a local mate come around. The little wankers outside heard him ask for me so immediately started playing football right outside my gate and fucking about in my garden. This weekend has resembled a Jeremy Kyle waiting room.

I fucking hate it and want out ASAP. I just want a peaceful life.

Are these the type of people to actually STFU when approached, or do you think it would escalate if a number of use turned up and 'politely' told them to FRO !? .

Start documenting times and dates when you feel harassed etc, and produce this evidence to your local council (or something along them lines)

You don't deserve to feel the way you do, in your own home.

^Wot teh lad sed^

My grump is the same as everyone elses.....it's Monday. I really cannot be arsed - hence why I'm typing this at 9.55am, and not out in my stupid van, knocking on stupid peoples doors, about their stupid bills.

I'm tired, my back hurts (amateur lumberjacking yesterday), and because of the way my days are structured, ie in two bits, (Standard hours and option hours 29 hours pw standard 8-5, 8 hours pw 5-8) I'm going to have to stay out till at least 7.30 for 4 days due to owing them "option" hours. I'm 14 hours in credit on standard hours....

Sorry I'm rambling.

Fuck work, i'm having moar toast.

Yep....

"Hi Bob, it's Mr Twatty from 17 Coniston, can you call me back?" msg left 6.47pm 6/9/14

"Hi Bob, Mr Twatty again, don't know if you've got my last message, call me please" msg @ 7.41 6/9/14

" Hi Bob, Mr Twatty from 17 Coniston, you've not phoned me back, this is most unprofessional" msg 8.16pm 6/9

"Mr Twatty here, if you don't call me back within the next half hour, I will call head Office" msg 11.15 7/9

That's what i've just picked up[ on my phone this morning. I left a card with Mrs Twatty 14th August, and he owes £1000+, and he expects me to be working Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

Rung back, answerphone.

Fuck him, he's going to court.

Warrant for the 56 plate Zafira outside I think.

FFS just called my bank Santander about this £430 that was swiped from my account last week, got through to Brian the Snail in the fraud team who tells me its pending investigation and 'should' be resolved by 6pm tomorrow. I asked a few questions and he went into robot mode.

How would you go about proving you have not bought items despite your debit card details being used??

Hope this doesn't result in a nitty gritty investigation, or I might have to visit my local branch and refuse to leave.

Are these the type of people to actually STFU when approached, or do you think it would escalate if a number of use turned up and 'politely' told them to FRO !? .

Start documenting times and dates when you feel harassed etc, and produce this evidence to your local council (or something along them lines)

You don't deserve to feel the way you do, in your own home.

Cheers mate, I've decided that I just want out of here. It's easier in the long run. If I bring back the headscarf-wearing Lady_Sterling back here, things ain't gonna mix well. Besides, I can't stay here with my Mum, I'm just plainly fed up of being here.

To be honest, with the Jeremy Kyle future contestants outside, it just ain't worth finding out whether things would escalate or not. This isn't my house or my home.

I'm looking to rent a room in Worcester, they are not horrendously expensive and are at least located in quiet areas. I just need a job that pays money.

Right now, everyone wants their piece of Gold from me and I ain't got a pot to piss in. No one else seems to give a toss either.

Ma_Sterling wants me to do this and that around the house, Pa wants me to visit various lawyers on behalf of Lady_Sterling and Lady_Sterling is harassing me to get this and that paper sorted in the next few days. It was at that point that I went into shut down mode, I don't think (or care tbh) she was best pleased.

All this on Monday ffs.

FFS just called my bank Santander about this £430 that was swiped from my account last week, got through to Brian the Snail in the fraud team who tells me its pending investigation and 'should' be resolved by 6pm tomorrow. I asked a few questions and he went into robot mode.

How would you go about proving you have not bought items despite your debit card details being used??

Hope this doesn't result in a nitty gritty investigation, or I might have to visit my local branch and refuse to leave.

I'm sure you will but stay on top of Santander.  

Last year my credit card was used fraudulently, reported to Santander, 'no problem sir we will investigate and refund'.   3 months later (my fault I know but was moving country, stopped using UK card etc) they start sending threatening letters over unpaid debts.   Finally spoke to one of their call centre chimps and was rudely told 'we don't believe you, you're liable for the debt'.   It was an easy investigation as the card was used in New Jersey and I am in Texas.   The moving company took my details for an extra fee, their office is in NJ so easy enough to work it out.   Cue one strongly worded letter and all was sorted with an apology but why couldn't they have done it the first time?   No point in dealing with the branches or call centres on this stuff, you need to write to the head of the fraud dept or whatever they call themselves.  

This was the last f*cking straw for me with Santander, I shut all the accounts and moved to First Direct, they have been good so far.

It's not up to you to prove that you didn't buy the items, they should investigate on your word that it was fraudulent.   They can look at the activity on your account and fraudulent ones will probably stand out like a sore thumb.   If you live in London and almost all your purchases are in the area you're not likely to be shopping for a freezer at Argos in Glasgow.   I doubt you have even got to that stage yet, you're still at the 'being fobbed off by mouth breathers' stage.   Good luck and seriously consider moving bank, it's the only way the  bastards will ever learn!

My capital one card got cloned a few years ago. I used to use it for fuel when I was a courier, so it got some serious stick. I got one monthly statement and there were about five transactions that weren't mine. Phoned them and they went through them, cancelled the card, moved the fraudulent trannsactions off my account and reissued another card within days. Never heard another thing about it. I'm sure the thick twats must have got caught, though, seeing as tbey paid a parking ticket to Manchester council with it.

A very sad tale but seems it was 50/50 the car driver was a twat for pulling out and the biker was a twat for doing 97mph. Most bikers know every car driver is out to kill them and ride accordingly. This poor bugger got it wrong and is a lesson to us all to be more careful out there whether on 2 wheels or 4.

I hope not but the same dealer has an 07 plate Ka on for the even more ludicrous price of £3391 .... because it's available on finance - over 54 months. The bloody thing will have been cubed by the time the lucky buyer's finished paying that one off.

All of their prices are also "psychological" odd numbers.... i.e. 3391 or 1491 rather than 3395 or 1495... that's very cynical because there's lots of evidence to show that people don't haggle as hard with those sort of prices.

Evans Halshaw's 'Runabouts' department is by far the most profitable bit of each site. Rather than sending the older p/x stuff to auction they bought a Portacabin for each branch and introduced new branding and signage in an area of an existing site to sell them. In fairness they generally got a very thorough pre sale prep but the cars were always ridiculously expensive and most customers bought with finance. Hence the profit from Runabouts was massive. They started it in Preston about ten or fofteen years back and it was so successful it got rolled out to most of the 'volume' franchise sites.

The pricing thing - where there are odd numbers at the end - is / was used to denote how long they had had that particular car in stock. Can't remember the specifics but that was the reasoning. They used to be very, very keen on everything being turned within 90 days and there was generally trouble if something stuck around longer.

This was the last f*cking straw for me with Santander, I shut all the accounts and moved to First Direct, they have been good so far.

First Direct are very, very good.

A few weeks ago they range me on Sunday teatime, asked if I had my credit card on me and could I verify the last few transactions. Apparently no money had been taken but they believed that someone, somewhere was trying to verify my card details on some website so as a precaution they had cancelled my card there and then and reissued another. Really impressive service.

Just had a letter from the DWP saying that they have contacted my employer asking them to commence deductions from my earnings for an amount of £263.17 that I apparently owed them.  Rang the number and the Brummie bird on the other end said it was in respect of a social fund loan I took out when I was on the rock'n'roll back in 2002.  That'd be why I didn't recognise it then - it was fucking twelve years ago!  Apparently the statute of limitations doesn't apply when it's the government you owe money to (although I bet it'd apply if they owed money to me).

Fair enough, I did take the loan out, and I have no memory of paying it back so I probably do still owe the money, but it's annoyed me that this has come out of the blue after twelve years, and also that they've gone direct to my employer and made me look like a twat rather than coming to me first.  Still, the amount owed almost exactly matches the amount of overtime I'll be getting paid this month, so at least my actual wages should survive relatively intact.

A very sad tale but seems it was 50/50 the car driver was a twat for pulling out and the biker was a twat for doing 97mph. Most bikers know every car driver is out to kill them and ride accordingly. This poor bugger got it wrong and is a lesson to us all to be more careful out there whether on 2 wheels or 4.

I was planning on buying a bike tomorrow. We know this happens but we always think it will happen to other people. Think I might have to contemplate matters having seen that.

The wife's uncle has 3 petrol stations which he has had for around 30 years.A couple of weeks ago he went into Santander who he and the petrol stations have banked with for years,to withdraw around 3k,told he was unable to.But it is my money,sorry but you can not withdraw that sum.So out he walked,went home collected all relevant documents,went to another bank opened new accounts for him and the petrol station.He then went back to Santander and closed both accounts with them.He says the manager came out to talk ashen faced as the amount of money that goes through.

That biker video makes me very pissed off: ok, the car driver was in the wrong because they failed to see the motorbike nor the following car, but reading between the lines of what the dead biker's mum said, I believe she knew he used the roads as his own personal racetrack, that she thought this was the proper and correct state of affairs and that everyone else was at fault for her son's death because they didn't look out for him.  Perhaps if you hadn't overindulged him when he was young he wouldn't have had this attitude (just going by what she says in the vid), he wouldn't have been so narcissistic. He accelerated into the junction...he was 38 with 22 years of experience FFS, could he not see the danger himself?

The wife's uncle has 3 petrol stations which he has had for around 30 years.A couple of weeks ago he went into Santander who he and the petrol stations have banked with for years,to withdraw around 3k,told he was unable to.But it is my money,sorry but you can not withdraw that sum.So out he walked,went home collected all relevant documents,went to another bank opened new accounts for him and the petrol station.He then went back to Santander and closed both accounts with them.He says the manager came out to talk ashen faced as the amount of money that goes through.

Doesn't surprise me - banks take business custom for granted. I haven't heard from my business manager since 2009, at which point he had taken two years to change the signaturies on the accounts. They're all useless.

The driver probably looked as he approached the junction and it looked clear for a right turn, couple of seconds later a 100mph bike comes flying along, feel abit sorry for the poor bugger tbh, no one is expected to go out and look for 100mph bike on a 60mph road.

The reason the biker is dead is purely down to his speed, and as I heard it on the news the other day the mum was giving out a warning to bikers rather than drivers.

A very similar accident claimed the life of a mate of mine, years ago. He always DLAC on his bike, and one morning he hit a car that was coming out of a petrol station. Same circs: car driver looked, road clear, car driver pulls out, Ian was going so fast that he came into view and covered the gap so quickly the car driver had nowhere to go.

The driver probably looked as he approached the junction and it looked clear for a right turn, couple of seconds later a 100mph bike comes flying along, feel abit sorry for the poor bugger tbh, no one is expected to go out and look for 100mph bike on a 60mph road.

The reason the biker is dead is purely down to his speed, and as I heard it on the news the other day the mum was giving out a warning to bikers rather than drivers.

You'd think biker's, being more vulnerable, would drive very defensively but many don't. My mum, after one particularly traumatic session in casualty, made me promise never to buy a motorbike. She had just had to x-ray a young guy  my age who had gone under a lorry and basically chopped the top of his head off. Still alive when he arrived, but only just. Died when my mum was there.

A friend of mine volunteers at the London Motorbike Museum in Greenford (well worth a visit - ask for Jerry Cox), and is an advanced instructor of some sorts. He has plenty of suggestions for making biking safer and has written to the government about it, but all the good suggestions in the world don't help when some people ride at 50% over the speed limit and other people pull out without looking.

Cyclists also appear to think they are immortal and that the rules of the road do not apply to them, if the twat with whom I had a full and frank exchange of views earlier is typical.

I actually bought a copy of the highway code earlier in case I ever get stopped by a self inflated motorist whilst out on my bicycle.

Try reading rule 147.

Rule 63 I find I need to use frequently: "Use of cycle lanes is not complusory"

Rule 213 I found surprising, but necessary. I'd say ~50% of "oy wanker"s I get are from people who don't consider this.

Not a bad way to spend £2 of Amazon.

I cycle quite abit, the only time I am careless is when im trying to ride one handed with the camera in the other hand trying to pap some crusty shite on a driveway without trying to bring too much attention to myself incase the owner or a neighbour spots me taking pics. See Essex Spots Thread for evidence.