The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Re the parking. Why have manufacturers removed those plastic strips at the most outward bit of door like on the cars on the R&M sketch to stop problems with this exact thing?

And at the same time, why are bumpers integrated into the car bodywork now? Surely the bumper should be on the outside to stop any damage should you 'bump' into someone, not crack and cost £900 to repair as you need to replace the whole wing.

ALL MODERN CARS Ã¯ SHIT etc etc.

I know i've told this story before, but I worked for a guy who was a bit of a metal case, someone smacked their door into his in a car park and when an apology was't forthcoming so he sat there for a minute or two, shouting and repeatedly belting his drivers door into their car, caving their passenger door in. 

Like I said, he was a bit odd.

This isn't him is it?post-17414-0-62765700-1409996439_thumb.jpg

Re the parking. Why have manufacturers removed those plastic strips at the most outward bit of door like on the cars on the R&M sketch to stop problems with this exact thing?

And at the same time, why are bumpers integrated into the car bodywork now? Surely the bumper should be on the outside to stop any damage should you 'bump' into someone, not crack and cost £900 to repair as you need to replace the whole wing.

ALL MODERN CARS Ã¯ SHIT etc etc.

When Chrysler made my 300 they thought about this and put chrome and rubber strips along the doors. Me ,being a genius spent a whole day removing these strips and the adhesive,then machine polishing the doors to remove all traces. Now I'm scared to park within 20 feet of anything and always take 2 spaces in supermarkets. I haven't seen myself on YPLAC yet,but did get a ticket* from Parking Eye once for not being in a space( I binned it and ignored it obvs)

The 'door open' light stays on on my Kangoo, I think I'd caught the boot lock thing loading it up with a Puch Maxi and some rubbish. Anyhow I noticed earlier the sort of metal hook thing on the floor didn't look straight, so I fixed it by twatting it one with a lump hammer.

Door now closes with a satisfying thunk and doesn't wobble about at the bottom. RESULT!

*Except the door open light still just sits there illuminating and LAUGHING IN MY FACE. I'm going to get my own back by sneaking up on it one day, taking the dash out and smashing the bulb to pieces with the same lump hammer, that'll learn it. Let's see who's laughing then, you little red bastard.

Internet. My ISP has been under attack now for 26 hours, as it is the largest provider in the country all sorts of things are unavailable. The service is coming and going as the whole system is overloaded . ISP says that as soon as they stop an attack another one starts from a different place. They have no idea when it can all be fixed, but are hoping for a result in the next 12 hours !

ALL MODERN CARS ÃÂ¯ SHIT etc etc.

Because nuns/kittens/bus stops/etc.

Bastard garage roof sprung a leak right over my cnc milling machine. Smashed 2 claw hammers trying to get nails out holding old sheets on, so went a bit berserker ripping the sheets into little bits before angle grinding all the nails off. It then started pissing it down heavily, so much joy fitting new sheets while balanced on a carefully* placed pile of spare wheels.

On the subject of car door dings, someone did open their door quiet hard into the Princess in Morrisons... but because the ridge in the flank of the Princess is pretty strong it made a mess of their door and not a mark on the Princess.  I was well smug.

When I first got my Saab the drivers side electric window didn't work (now only the passenger side doesn't work) and as I was struggling to pay the man through the open door as I went through the Mersey Tunnel toll booth the wind caught the door slamming it into the armco with a bloody big bang. I drove the rest of the way home on tenterhooks only to find the door didn't seem to be noticeably different to how it had been previously...

Fuggin ass holes! For the 2nd time this year there has been fraudulent activity on my bank account. Today I notice my balance is down by £429.98, call the bank and this morning someone used my debit card details to buy some electrical equipment for £359.99 and £69.99 spent at Lego!? 

Should get the money back but its still infuriates me, having my bank account almost emptied and now having to wait for this back, could be today could be Monday or Tuesday! 

My bank (Santander) are pretty good but I detest these pond life thieving unts who make a living from obtaining details.

I have one suspicion, the guy I gave my details to when buying car insurance @ Sureterm on Monday, that is the only person who could have seen or heard me say the debit card number / details etc....otherwise I have no idea how/who has pulled this off. 

I had my card cloned - sure it was at a Shell fuel station as it happened soon after.

Whoever it was bought car insurance for around £350, Pizzas from Domino's and tried it in Boozebusters where the bank killed it.

The bank is Santander and were very helpful, restored the cash as soon as I contacted them in response to their email saying the card was blocked and verified that the purchases were no mine.

Happened to me a few years back, I had a 200 quid cash withdrawal in Lagos, a KLM flight paid for at Schipol airport, and a stereo purchase from Currys in Macclesfield. Bank were originally suspicious until I pointed out I couldn't have been in all three places at once, which they admitted was a fairly decent reason. Cash back in the account 30 seconds later.

Christ knows where my details were filched from but I had used a local Esso garage which had a rep for dodgy dealings (skimming mostly)

This happened to me once, also. Although being spectacularly brassic does have its advantages.

Had my card skimmed at the filling station on Marsland Road.

First I knew something was amiss was when I got a call at work asking if I'd tried to check into a hotel in Ohio while trying to buy curtains from a shop in Kensington.

Joke was on them - it had no money in it.

I had my card cloned - sure it was at a Shell fuel station as it happened soon after.

Whoever it was bought car insurance for around £350, Pizzas from Domino's and tried it in Boozebusters where the bank killed it.

The bank is Santander and were very helpful, restored the cash as soon as I contacted them in response to their email saying the card was blocked and verified that the purchases were no mine.

Still waiting for the money back from Santander but I was told on Friday the case would be resolved in 48 working hours, meaning by Tuesday afternoon. I will chase them up tomorrow, either way I have not bought an electrical appliance for £359 or Lego for £69, I want this money back v.soon because these fraudulent entries are going to appear on my statement soon and that will really piss me off.  

A futile effort on Facebook trying to persuade a former colleague who's put down a deposit on this

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/vehiclesearch/used/ford-used-car-yx55xxf.html

That she should walk away as fast as possible. Yes, it's a 55-plate Ford Kak for £1500. At least twice, if not three times what it's worth . But common sense seems to have evaporated. Half of the other Facebook friends are saying "good choice" while the other half are thinking of what name to call it (how about 'iron oxide'?).

For this money surely a Yaris/Aygo-C1-107/Swift, even Ibiza, is going to be a much better choice? Or are later Kaks not quite so bad?

They are ok if not terminally rusty, I bought a 55 plate one for my daughter and its a cracking little thing, it has pas, air con, leather seats and a decent stereo, there is no rust appearing yet and its only needed a pair of front wishbones at 40 quid, £1500 is top money for one these days, most new drivers want something newer with shitty drl's and Bluetooth.

The prices of small used cars are crackers at the moment. A year ago I paid under 3k for a 4 year old Panda with 53k on the clock. low owners, FSH from a trader. Looking at a similar price now they're mostly 53/54/55 plates or have 80k+ on the clock.

Are they still going to sting her for a £99 HPI check on top of that price or did they stop doing that?

I hope not but the same dealer has an 07 plate Ka on for the even more ludicrous price of £3391 .... because it's available on finance - over 54 months. The bloody thing will have been cubed by the time the lucky buyer's finished paying that one off.

All of their prices are also "psychological" odd numbers.... i.e. 3391 or 1491 rather than 3395 or 1495... that's very cynical because there's lots of evidence to show that people don't haggle as hard with those sort of prices.

I still hate London. No particular reason. I just hate it.

I hate this bastard street I have rather unfortunately landed back in. Today I had a local mate come around. The little wankers outside heard him ask for me so immediately started playing football right outside my gate and fucking about in my garden. This weekend has resembled a Jeremy Kyle waiting room.

I fucking hate it and want out ASAP. I just want a peaceful life.