The grumpy thread

outlaw118

There's your problem. Having worked for them I reckon Santander are one of the worst banks in terms of customer service. Apart from constantly fiddling with systems and procedures, cack handed complaints processes and making it impossible for staff to actually take control of a situation there's the deep mistrust between branch and call centre fostered by poor training.

And their hold music is shit.

I met the chairman of Metro Bank a couple of years ago. Apparently only 29 percent of Santander customers would recommend them to a friend. In other words, seven out of ten customers hate Santander.

Dunno about you guys but I would be doing something pretty radical to my staff if I had a business which seventy percent of customers hated! Especially as there are so many alternatives

I met the chairman of Metro Bank a couple of years ago. Apparently only 29 percent of Santander customers would recommend them to a friend. In other words, seven out of ten customers hate Santander.

Dunno about you guys but I would be doing something pretty radical to my staff if I had a business which seventy percent of customers hated! Especially as there are so many alternatives

I actually would recommend Santander, up until this recent saga they have been really good. The last fraud on my account back in January was £400 via online banking and they returned the money to my account that very same day. This latest case is debit card fraud and I have been left waiting 4 days but I am now promised the money back tomorrow morning, ok fine I can live with that but why should I wait 5 days with an almost fleeced account because some pond life crim has spent my money!

Law states that monies should be returned to the customers account immediately upon suspision of fraudulant activity. Seems they like to check things out first before sending the money back i.e. customer is guilty until proven innocent.

AlfaFemale works for Metro Bank. In her words "it's like fucking Disneyland". Major bollockings come forth if there are not exactly 9 pens in the tub on the counters and weekly emails from the wacky american owner's dog who holds a board position...

I have said it before on here and I will say it again, pretty much every major company has shocking customer service these days. The company is not there to provide a service to the people who support it anymore, its there to generate a profit. 

They cut down on staff and low level salaries to generate good returns for the shareholders and the execs and to grow and GROW and GROW.

Why do people use them? Well there is not much choice amongst the main group of banks (or whatever business sector you are using). They all offer the same level of service with pretty much the same products for the same price. There is no comparable alternative to them and because their profits are so large they can price any upstart competition out of the market. 

If you want customer service you need to go to a small company but small is gonna cost ya.

Looks at it like Ryanair. Its no frill 'innit. You get what you need at a rock bottom price but there is no point complaining when they don't reserve your seats as you asked. If you wanted it done properly you should've booked a flight with Swiss Air.

Three has to have the worst customer service. Apart from a ropey 'first line' sales/complaints team in India, their English service team is terrible.

They also give their real names in emails, so you can possibly threaten to troll them on Facebook and LinkedIn. It took 3 months to get a refund on a phone I didn't want, and they still haven't refunded me the 300 quid they relieved from my account. There's nothing you can do.

I'm now stuck in the middle of a stand off with the customer, who apparently hates Stobart.

Customer can tip me, but it will take 10 hours, and Maersk cant wait that long, so I've been told to sit tight and wait for further instructions

Edit.

Manager and yard supervisor at the delivery point have just told me to fuck off site and never come back.

Feels like a monday

Right, After being told to F off and driving 10 miles away I had a call to go back. A rather sheepish manager at the delivery point slapped me on the back and said "sorry drive, total misunderstanding" and tipped me in 2 hours! Hummm

Apparently they still hate Stobart, and even the guys dog hates them too.

I got to my second job, A collection in  Wallasey, 2 hours late, only to be told I was actually 22 hours early and to come back tomorrow, BTW, we hate Stobart, you always fuck up, bet they don't put this on the telly e.t.c.. 

I did get to see an FD Victor estate, Austin 1100 and a Landcrab outside the collection address though. Anyone we know?

I hate that  Phartel Williams and his non-balls singing voice and awful sugary music. F*cking terrible.

Talking of music, I started my new band the other week, we're called '99 megabytes'. We haven't done a gig yet.

^

Yes. I spotted him when I was coming back from Waitrose. He turned off at Belle Vue Motors on Southchurch Road, which makes him a local roadtard.

Last time I went past Belle Vue they had an immaculate early 80's BMW saloon for sale on the outside display ramp. Presumably was traded in for a new Kia or whatever it is they sell now. 

Shite Blaupunkt factory fit radio decides it wants to be fookin BLASTING every time the ignition is turned. Switch ignition on, turn radio down from 9999999 decibels, start car, turn radio down from 99999999 decibels. Surprised it's lasted to 6 years old actually, they usually die pretty quickly. I get tempted to rip it out and install one of the ancient radios I have from shite gone by with a proper mechanical volume control but I'm too lazy.

Shite Blaupunkt factory fit radio decides it wants to be fookin BLASTING every time the ignition is turned. Switch ignition on, turn radio down from 9999999 decibels, start car, turn radio down from 99999999 decibels. Surprised it's lasted to 6 years old actually, they usually die pretty quickly. I get tempted to rip it out and install one of the ancient radios I have from shite gone by with a proper mechanical volume control but I'm too lazy.

What radio is it? The VW Beta is a Blaupunkt unit and it has a feature to adjust the starting volume in the settings 'menu'.

Also agreed re: Three's customer service. Phoned to cancel my account and move to Giffgaff, they did it then spent 5-10 cross-questioning me about getting a better deal and such.

Orange are definitely the worst though - remember how bad their internet service was? The phone service is the same - whenever I wanted something doing e.g. disabling answerphone and activating BlackBerry Messenger I had to phone them. 'ok sir that'll be done in 24 hours' I'd wait a week and nothing would happen and then I'd have to phone again! 

The mother recently transferred from Orange to Giffgaff also: she still gets marketing texts through from Orange even though she PAC coded across. 

You know where does have good customer service? 

John Lewis. Not the cheapest place about by any means but they're always mega helpful with aftersales. Such as a telephone we bought from them that the answerphone always messed up on - took it in, explained it, refund, there and then. 

Also CeX's no nonsense approach to used phones and iPods is great. Say which one you want, they let you have a look at it, pay, it's yours - come back in a year if it goes wrong. Bought quite a few devices there and I've never needed to go back yet so they must be doing something right.

Cex ha email been total know heads with me twice. Bought an ancient playstation game for a quid found it had a giant dint in it and the lad in the shop got stroppy saying I did it when I returned it.

Next time I took in 2 mobiles, both very nice in boxes and had from new but they insisted that some crappy website said the phones were second hand and wouldn't buy them. Don't know why this matters as they had hundreds of old phones.

With that and it always been rammed with scratters selling stacks of dvds I've decided never to use them again

Cex don't give special treatment for new, it's all second hand. If it happens to be new, it just gets given Grade A same as a mint secondhand one.

I've seen them refuse to buy stuff they know nobody wants but apart from that, all good. Been perfect for me.