Shighte seeing V. scrap NZ .Show n Shine today..

fotorabia

I caught up with my favorite classic rockabilly act today..old boy called Peter.Hes owned this 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air about 35 years.Its a Canadian Fisher bodied RHD..and only 4drs where sold new in New Zealand.It has a unique dashboard design and he told me that the design principles are all based on the US Sabre fighter plane.Hes also quite adamant that he ll never sell it.Top bloke!

3ccdeeed.jpg

d4ed48ea.jpg

f73b29ff.jpg

fa132b1d.jpg

b151446a.jpg

f269e868.jpg

0aa0ed15.jpg

and today Shiters..we re going to look thru the CAR window..

97bc20b9.jpg

Holden HQ wagon

83499ca3.jpg

Holden HQ Statesman with big block..owned by the garage that MOTs our Viva

4a58ecb4.jpg

classic restoration workshop..always busy

25f1045e.jpg

their work truck

f4948096.jpg

an attractive blond woman alighted from this fresh 60s Kafer

c460a146.jpg

Aussie Clubman 1100..i see this regularly

c0e73b99.jpg

and the local Funeral Merchants of Death..last ride in style..

745dd03a.jpg

0f843a93.jpg

I caught up with my favorite classic rockabilly act today..old boy called Peter.Hes owned this 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air about 35 years.Its a Canadian Fisher bodied RHD..

0aa0ed15.jpg

That Chev must have been sold new without the optional heater, There are no controls on the dash in the panels beside the glovebox and that is deffo a cheap aftermarket one sitting there :)

The 20's car and truck are both Dodge brothers products !

Todays news is as follows..

8cf63a12.jpg

Giffer Proton preservation..

0a9e725d.jpg

featured this before..but got a better photo today..extreme Hyundai Pony estate..driven by a young guy

dfc6fd21.jpg

Kafer 1600L

f5508239.jpg

Sad Anglia..still being used as parts car and i wasnt allowed the rear tail lights..

a70def8c.jpg

for Cav_Estate..this one may provide the rubbers u need..be quick mate

9322b227.jpg

dff57d06.jpg

b7858b05.jpg

a432d956.jpg

21a92320.jpg

Anglia at its ending..

Nice update Rab. Looking beyond the yawnfest that usually associates seeing a personalised Beetle, I'm actually quite attracted to that one, especially the red detailing. Not a fan of the front bumper treatment, but meh.

And I'm not quite sure what I'd have done had I actually seen that Hyundai in the metal :shock:

EPIC!

Ms Rabia' brother has this for sale..all important bits done like cambelt etc..1000squid..probs worth it but we aint got that kinda money

a9e7bb19.jpg

Spoiler should be body colour, and it's lost its side skirt(s). Rare beast over here now. It's a first series Green Cloverleaf with the fishnet headrest and best dash of the lot. Only 5 known survivors in UK.

first series Green Cloverleaf with the fishnet headrest and best dash of the lot. Only 5 known survivors in UK.

:shock::shock: Bloody hell, only five?

I had a silver one back in 1994. I bought it in Thame for £150 with a buggered slave cylinder, got it back on the road and hooned about in it for a while - before selling it to a guy who broke it up to yse the running gear in a Minari. :(

I was never a fan of the 33 (Sudboiz aren't) but that was the best of the bunch. It went well and sounded lovely. It had TRX wheels iirc.

Yesterday and today..i aroused suspicion from the old lady who owned the Princess..but alayed her fears that i was just purely a shite enthusiast..she bought it on a farm sale where it had sat unused in a shed for 18 years..

4ea913c8.jpg

c207b01e.jpg

b8c13b70.jpg

nice original Starlet..rare sight

dd7f33e6.jpg

guy who owns this has a brace of fully restored Minors..convertible..Lowlite etc

415cedcb.jpg

Child escaping from Mini tax scene..

ad67c548.jpg

These seem to be the norm in this town..at least we aint swamped with the new huge horrendous shite

a052a773.jpg

I actually quite like this Lancer..

d29d12c2.jpg

Subtle Cal-look Kafer at the supermarket this avro..

95d20cad.jpg

Poverty spec Mirage..got a wierd look when i photographed it..i have no shame..

c816e9ee.jpg

And i like this traditional phat Chevy pick up..

dba45fa5.jpg

Lada outside the Auction where we sold it..super low km's for 300squid..i kicked myself for being broke at the time..

02786ffb.jpg

And cool Vauxhall owned by a Maori bloke we met at the car show in the Vauxhall line up...3.3 /4spd..he gave us a big grin when we pulled up at the gas station in the Viva

• 2 weeks later...

Last few days..not that exciting..just some page filler and nowt to do on a saturday night ..sad eh..

3b5e5137.jpg

Consul Capri

a257ac77.jpg

neighbors LDV Turbo

9cd2155b.jpg

and their neighbors unused 205

4ee4a904.jpg

Nickis bro's Alfa 33 again..now not for sale which is cool...sounds awesum..he only paid 500squid for it..ex Alfa Club as well

b6e7bea9.jpg

830e4d20.jpg

and the neighbors driftin scene Nissans

6084fc7b.jpg

941ea6b2.jpg

and the other neighbors funny looking Honda City sporty thang..

71e5d799.jpg

walked down the road..cute lil Galant not up to much

ef135d41.jpg

and this was Petes Pies..was our favourite pie bakery.1st some roadworks screwed his business..then conveniently it went up in flames

3287c0b6.jpg

and on the same land..couple of Isuzu Elf trucks gone to shite..

e0af0828.jpg

b44a70d6.jpg

3860552e.jpg

Spotted from my mates historical palace in town..and a cool backyard nosey visit..

5f98640e.jpg

holden premiere

61d3c0d1.jpg

old ford laser

810a3a4b.jpg

tidy old sentra

4f9934e3.jpg

sweet chrysler regal valiant

c0e86ce0.jpg

Mk1 scrotum van..looks likes its just been shopping in Christchurch..well battered....offers

cf47cd20.jpg

Then up to old Mac's to have a look at his Laser parts collection..and his restored Hunter..was originally mustard

025ce44b.jpg

d1545a7b.jpg

86454d79.jpg

and his hill-sprint-circuit Alpine Avenger

e984dfdf.jpg

83ae8643.jpg

and an estate

a2875262.jpg

and the ULTIMATE egg caravan...

54ee1bd2.jpg

68272bcd.jpg

and went to visit an old friend of the Ms..shes baby sitting her son in laws Sherpa GT..hes an airline pilot..hand luggage only

c9e5ac1f.jpg

GR831 spots Rabinelli. I wonder what the story is with the LDV van, did they actually export 'em down there commercially?

They must have in certain numbers..just a continuation of the Sherpa deals..and Seth...the Scrote vans nrly all came like that..im not sure whether thats an Aussie assembly idea..or a local one..or both!I know a family with a mint Mk2 in storage...its the same..

The 'Alpine Avenger' looks like the 'Top Hat' special edition.

Ive just looked at a similar one to that on Flickr..it might be..based on the Super..ill ask Mac when I go back up there what it is exactly...another very sweet track Avenger sold on the local classic car auction last year for a 1000squid..which i think was a good price...u were gettin quite a package

Re. LDVs in NZ, I seem to remember that an LDV Ambulance used to prominently feature in the title sequence to one of the excellent NZ medical dramas that used to grace UK daytime television.

Having better things to remember has caused me to forget the name of that particular series...