320Touring's Citroen GSA. Boom, back in the room (unit) 11/07/2021

320touring

The hardest part is remembering where the controls are on each car - jump from the GSA to the Toledo and it's all different.

Jump from either to the Clio and it's like fucking WARP SPEED

I thought it was hard work when our wee Suzuki had the stalks the other way round to most cars (indicators on right, which does make sense!) but that is really taking it up a notch!

When I had the Cappuccino, EVERY time I got back into either the Saab or whatever my parents had at that point there would be a point a few miles into the trip where I'd turn the wipers on instead of the indicators. Likewise following getting out of the Proton loan car we had at the garage.

Never had a problem in either of them...just when getting back into something else afterwards.

Well, except for the day someone got bored and swapped all the switches on my Lada Niva around. They all fit in any of the slots and the wires are long enough...so suddenly in the pitch dark I went for the heater fan to demister the window and instead blinded the poor sod behind me by turning on the rear fog light. Then the reversing lights. Then the rear wiper. ...then pulled over because I thought I was losing my marbles before discovering the deception.

Retaliation involving a brake light switch and an air horn may have followed.

The GSA instrument panel is brilliant. Way better than the kit car style the RHD GS models got. Why could they not have given them the ones fitted in LHD. Far more Citroen like.

Took mine out for a wee buzz yesterday. That flat 4 sound is so nice. Quite addictive in a way. Clutch is slipping a bit. Arrrgghhh I'll try adjusting it up a bit, otherwise it's new clutch time.

Keep up the good work!