What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

@Dobloseven is blessed with a musical family, and one of his offspring lives in Barrow.  Said offspring has got "in" with a local church and is running a series of free concerts of assorted classical music.  I've just come back from one.  Lovely!  The players (and one singer) involved are so damn talented!  It's a privilege to be there when they're performing.

renewal for shit peugeot

200 last year

300 this

i went on the singing welshman site and the first 3 were 353 383 424

the 400 one is from current insurer

the old fart is 76 this year - is that causing it or are they taking the piss cos they can?

apart from last 12 months - car does less than 3k a year

Found a person that removes headlight bulbs from a car prior to sale... 

IMG_20230308_213930.thumb.jpg.c4443f9d5fd5c60e414b9b9a23e06df4.jpg

Used bulbs for a fiver each anyone? 😂

They've probably skinned their knuckles fishing them out just to recuperate some of their outlay from 2 months ago when they had to spend out on replacement bulbs. Best bit is they've probably handled the glass with their fingers, thus making it pretty useless 😂

Went to a concert at the eldest grandsons secondary school tonight. He did a clarinet duet and played the saxophone in a jazz group. He's fortunate to go to a school that places great value on performing arts.There was a huge amount of talent on show.The head of sixteen years left about 18 months ago, to end his career in his native Ireland and there were concerns things would slip in this area after his departure. Fortunately everything seems as vibrant as ever. A thoroughly inspiring evening. I'm well aware that not every child gets such opportunities and support to excel, but surely it's good that at least some do. 

2 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

Went to a concert at the eldest grandsons secondary school tonight. He did a clarinet duet and played the saxophone in a jazz group. He's fortunate to go to a school that places great value on performing arts.There was a huge amount of talent on show.The head of sixteen years left about 18 months ago, to end his career in his native Ireland and there were concerns things would slip in this area after his departure. Fortunately everything seems as vibrant as ever. A thoroughly inspiring evening. I'm well aware that not every child gets such opportunities and support to excel, but surely it's good that at least some do. 

We went to cold N Yorks last month to see an amdram musical featuring* wife's nephew. Good performance.

Sitting in a queue at a level crossing in light rain yesterday, I noticed the chunky 4x4 pickup behind me had his wipers going continuously (why?). Not only were the wipers keeping time with the Flying Pickets 'Heard it through the Grapvine' on my playlist at the time, they reached full travel exactly on the beat. I watched for a minute or so expecting them to drift out of time but no. Quite mesmerizing.