strangeangel

The Beige BX Progress Thread: 25/3 Carb rebuild

The car is tucked up in the shed at the top of the hill, I have sent the location to a few likely attendees for this Sunday.

post-1381-0-86306200-1497033718_thumb.jpg

Anyone's welcome to come along... if nothing else, it's a nice ride out.

Here's its view over Malhamdale:

post-1381-0-36841200-1497033754_thumb.jpg

If anyone else wants to know where to come, speak up, or PM me.

Stand by for more sphere gubbins...

Sorry Mark, Google Translate drew a blank on that one.

Spheres:

There are two used spare spheres with the car, I've tried to snap the markings for ID.
First one:

post-1381-0-97567400-1497034465_thumb.jpg

post-1381-0-52652900-1497034500_thumb.jpg

post-1381-0-06954900-1497034535_thumb.jpg

They both have "ND" stamped on the brass snouty bit. (Techy term)

The second:

post-1381-0-87217900-1497034691_thumb.jpg

I think that says "Y61"

post-1381-0-21654500-1497034726_thumb.jpg

post-1381-0-17877100-1497034761_thumb.jpg

post-1381-0-79637200-1497034797_thumb.jpg

The two fronts on the car look older,

post-1381-0-13468600-1497034868_thumb.jpg

The NS one is rusty AF.

post-1381-0-01891100-1497034902_thumb.jpg

The OS one looks like someone's had Stilsons on it.

post-1381-0-25619000-1497034936_thumb.jpg

Sadly I can't make out any markings on the fitted spheres.

Mark_Hairnet has slid into my D_Ms about spheres... apparently there's a place really close to where he works that deals with them. Recharges them an'all. 

It's handy to know, lets see what we find out from those pics, and this weekend's tinker time.

The car is tucked up in the shed at the top of the hill, I have sent the location to a few likely attendees for this Sunday.

attachicon.gifP1170780.JPG

Anyone's welcome to come along... if nothing else, it's a nice ride out.

Here's its view over Malhamdale:

attachicon.gifP1170781.JPG

If anyone else wants to know where to come, speak up, or PM me.

Stand by for more sphere gubbins...

Lovely location, sadly too far for me this weekend.

Give one to your significant other as a gift. They make lovely ornaments...

55 will be bar pressure but I'm unsure of what the other markings mean. The replacements don't look in their first flush of youth either but as long as they're not ruptured Hairnet's sphere man should be able to regas them. Ruptured ones can't be regassed IIRC.

At least if you take all the spheres off and find they are goose it can sit in Joe's shed for a while until the next round of fundraising is achieved.

You going to try and improve the fuel sender hose arrangement or leave it be?

spoke to westroen

he wasnt in but his missus said they could as long as (youve said) the diaphrams arent fucked

ill either go back later on or during the week

told them cant do anyting till see if theyre off the car or not

described the car to her and the solid ride and she said yes they do that when knackered :lol: (or when cms is driving) and ooh thats an early one.......... she started talking about c5 and 'you cant charge them have to buy citroen ones....'

14RE I think, with the suitcase engine (not TU as per later 14s). To be honest, engine and sphere pressures aside, there's not a lot of variety in the mechanicals other than a few different types of brake caliper (which have no connection to spec, just whatever they had lying around at the time).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-and-Peugeot-Air-Filter-EL-2018-VISA-BX-EVASION-C15-PEUGEOT-104-/162540222416

s-l1600.jpg

theres a gadge selling one for 12 quid but it shows two in the pic - which barg if so but likely just one......

i cant access my ebay that far back to find the 5 quid one i got :(

for the fuel sender

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VALEO-Sender-Unit-fuel-tank-for-PEUGEOT-205-CITROEN-C15-C25-VISA-ZX-BX-JUMPY-/291924878751

thats ebay but if you google it you get those and pics of the old style type with the float

would a later ones from a 1.6 bx fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QH-QCP958-NEW-WATER-PUMP-CITROEN-BX-PEUGEOT-104-RENAULT-14-1980s-/391574230030

water pump - the gasket is the item under neath for 1.50 :D