Garage of delights

Benjyp10

This is an absolutely superb collection. As you say, it's great to see someone preserving really nice examples of these unloved bread and butter cars that many people remember from their childhood. It does make a nice change from the Oldskoolfordzzz innit and over-shiny MG's that most people choose to preserve. This is what Autoshite should be about.

How does someone forget they have a Visa? I know I've said already but this is an outstanding collection.

Where do you find all these gems?

. I've just had two of them at the NEC, you meet so many people who pass you their details saying, oh my mum or gran has one of those in her garage....so mainly contacts and trolling the sites....

Wasn't that one your "basket case" ?

Hey finally got the Style home from work they demanded I move it, put jump leads on it, wouldn't go, put petrol in it, wouldn't go, pulled petrol pipe off to make sure it was getting through, it was but would not start.

Anyway so I pushed it down the road to home and ditched it at a jaunty angle in the car park. Damn thing.

WOW. That is all I can say. The Cavalier and Solara are my favourites. 

I see the Solara has a 'EJ' Mid Wales reg - where did it come from? Kudos for a survivor from a pretty damp climate!

Samba takes me back as well, my gran had a red  A reg one, it replaced a very orange '78 Pug 104 2 dr . Sambas all seem to have disappeared by the early 1990s, despite being available up to 86.

WOW. That is all I can say. The Cavalier and Solara are my favourites. 

I see the Solara has a 'EJ' Mid Wales reg - where did it come from? Kudos for a survivor from a pretty damp climate!

Samba takes me back as well, my gran had a red  A reg one, it replaced a very orange '78 Pug 104 2 dr . Sambas all seem to have disappeared by the early 1990s, despite being available up to 86.

Aberearon...sold and used there

• 2 weeks later...