Garage of delights

Benjyp10

Argh, that's bringing back all sorts of repressed horrible memories, although ours was white and sported the worst wheel trims Halfords could provide. It did something like 9,000 miles in 3 years. Presumably yours has the quality econometer and quick-release dashboard fittings like the air vents that fall out if you so much as look at them?

• 3 weeks later...

Woh!I use to work on these in 1991/1992 at a SEAT dealership, this is the much better version with some V.W. parts!!Great car, Great color!!!

Cheers, off hand do you know which bits are VW.....need to replace stuff like brake cylinders and hoses....the rest is find, apart from timing belt.

Lovely! The earlier ones had 'system porsche' emblazonned down the lower body swage lines, and as a kid I was really impressed by this. I was more used to seeing graphics like '5 speed' stuck on cars.

I still have no idea which bits if any were breathed on by Stuttgart engineers though.

What's that black stuff under some of the cars, it's covering everything? I take it it's some posh anti-rust treatment?

Hi, I clean the chassis completely, remove any corrosion and rust treat and preserve with dinitrol....the black stuff

Lovely! The earlier ones had 'system porsche' emblazonned down the lower body swage lines, and as a kid I was really impressed by this. I was more used to seeing graphics like '5 speed' stuck on cars.

I still have no idea which bits if any were breathed on by Stuttgart engineers though.

It was post Fiat days and before VW. Porsche designed the gearbox and the full injection parts along with the head. Its electronic fuel injection....some VW bits and Fiat bits still evident....great build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...