Toyota GT 86

ProgRocker

I already like the GT 86 but it could be a future shite mobile. At least in In Japan, where its available in 'shite' poverty spec with steel wheels and plastic bumpers without air con. :D But no stereo might be a step too far. £16k in Japan. Normal versions will go on sale for £24,995.

I would have though that there might be a market for this spec car in the UK...like the old Ford Capri 1300/1600 and Hyundai Coupé 1.6. :?

Toyota%2086%20base.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/default.asp?storyId=25155

That does look wrong with plastic bumpers, but I'm guessing because the tuning market is so big in Japan they're selling it as a blank slate. I'm glad we're getting a small, simple rwd coupe back on the market without some hybrid/crossover bollocks thrown in. Hopefully this will mean Nissan make a S15 Silvia

That´s the base-model for motorsport-use. Almost every japanese sports car is offered as a stripped down version because wheels, bumpers, the stereo, the AC and so on will be thrown away soon after buying the car. Makes sense, does it? :mrgreen:

I prefer the Subaru version of the GT86, although both are a poor man's Dolly Sprint.

Apart from a 16v connection what would make it comparable with the Dolly?

I'd have thought the Dolly wouldn't even have a look in with spiritual predecessor, the AE86?

I agree with you on the Subaru looks.

That does look wrong with plastic bumpers, but I'm guessing because the tuning market is so big in Japan they're selling it as a blank slate. I'm glad we're getting a small, simple rwd coupe back on the market without some hybrid/crossover bollocks thrown in. Hopefully this will mean Nissan make a S15 Silvia

Nissan made that back from 99-2002!

I'm all for these new rwd coupes, i'm not so keen on the povo spec version, I like the others though :)