Project 330Ci

NorthernMonkey

Apparently, seven years ago today, we were sat in a McDonalds in Edinburgh on our way to collect a car bought on here. Not sure what it was…I’m thinking Renault of some description but I could be mistaken.

How do I know this?

Because Claire has just had it pop up on her facebook memories whilst we’re sat in McDonalds taking on board sustenance for the long(ish) journey south ahead of us.

Can you see where this is going?

IMG_2086.thumb.jpeg.6d34ef625ac9a973253906fbfa03e3e0.jpeg

Joint pc currently still at zero, though I can’t see that lasting much longer in all honesty.

6 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

Where did all of these suddenly go?

IMG_2090.thumb.jpeg.8cd5b18e3029198bcc368bf0b87f762e.jpeg

Just realised there’s hardly any around these days.

Quite a few 75s in Barrow, maybe this is where they go to die...

Just now, eddyramrod said:

Quite a few 75s in Barrow, maybe this is where they go to die...

They used to be everywhere but then one day, you realise there’s hardly any about.

Same with everything, I suppose. A lovely doom blue Sierra estate on wolfrace slot mags drove past my unit the other day and lifted my spirit a great deal!! 😂😂

Ok…arrived, handed over and now back at the glorious Gloucester services for a sausage roll.

IMG_2091.thumb.jpeg.737e90e47c99feb32a439b919c74c445.jpeg

Thank you @Steve79, it was a pleasure to meet you.

Other than a few fully disclosed issues, it is a really nice thing to drive. Touch wood, the gearbox hasn’t put a foot wrong yet and the drive back up so far is very comfortable indeed 👍🙂

I really really don’t want to tempt fate as we still have 30 miles to go but so far, it hasn’t put a foot wrong.

The ABS sensor/reluctor ring wants looking at and there’s a bit of a oily smell after a prolonged motorway run which will likely be the rocker cover gasket…TADTS…but otherwise, it’s spot on.

Can’t wait to have a proper play on the lanes around home if it ever stops chucking it down. Even Claire is happy driving it and she’s far fussier than me when it comes to older cars 😂

10 hours ago, NorthernMonkey said:

Apparently, seven years ago today, we were sat in a McDonalds in Edinburgh on our way to collect a car bought on here. Not sure what it was…

Was it the ex-Saabnut Range Rover p38?