What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

20 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I'm still wounded that my first one was knocked off a windowsill by Mrs L and then the handle was knocked off this one recently. At least it's useable otherwise. 

20231217_131242.thumb.jpg.3c748730428e7e6040c85e251980ce63.jpg

We need someone to make up another batch!

Absolutely.  I'd definitely have one.  Looks awesome 

23 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

I'm still wounded that my first one was knocked off a windowsill by Mrs L and then the handle was knocked off this one recently. At least it's useable otherwise. 

@catsinthewelder mr biatch i mean mr beard 

get to it :D

(please)

9 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

IMG20231217192245.thumb.jpg.c070a43cfda7119b35692dbfc9988269.jpg

Santa's reindeer sounded quite loud tonight, could smell exhaust too... 

That'd be the smell of Aberdonians fecking off quickly* at the sight of people with collecting buckets?

*n.b. no smell of burning rubber as that just be an exorbitant waste of money. (I'm trying to imagine Santa Pod line up between a guy from Aberdeen and one from Cardigan - slowest half mile wins?)

On 08/12/2023 at 08:09, Coprolalia said:

Viewing a house tomorrow with the strong intent of buying.

Current place has a decent big garage (1930s) but all other parking is on street, on a hill and permitted. Coupled with maintenance and renovations on the house and it limits shite owning and tinkering to one in the garage and two legally on the street.

New place is mostly renovated (so less time from me) and has an integral garage, a 3 car drive, and a front lawn that MrsCoprolalia has already requested is part converted to gravel drive so that "you don't block my car in". Should give space for 6 cars total...

Still in Cardiff?

Just now, artdjones said:

Still in Cardiff?

We are currently. The house we viewed was in Shirenewton, but we didn't actually like it. Smaller than in pictures, lower quality renovation and generally felt cramped.

Viewing somewhere else in Chepstow next week.

Quite fancy running a Severn Estuary shiters meet for people in Somerset/ Gloucestershire/ Monmouthshire/ Welsh valleys.

3 minutes ago, Coprolalia said:

We are currently. The house we viewed was in Shirenewton, but we didn't actually like it. Smaller than in pictures, lower quality renovation and generally felt cramped.

Quite fancy running a Severn Estuary shiters meet for people in Somerset/ Gloucestershire/ Monmouthshire/ Welsh valleys.

Only three hours from here - can we come even if we are not in The Valleys ;-) 

5 minutes ago, Coprolalia said:

Nice area, although I haven't been in Chepstow since leaving the UK, 32 years ago.

2 hours ago, MikeR said:

I’d have never associated dogging with EV charging but it does solve the problem of what to do while you’re waiting. 
Manufacturers are going to have to review what an optimum charge time is as too quick charging may put buyers off!

3 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Just watched an advert on the telly for Skoda. 

However they made a proper effort to pronounce it Schoda. 

Is that a thing now? 

Schkodaa? Has been for a while, see  also hcyiuundaiii despite them telling us not so many years ago it was haiunday

12 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Schkodaa? Has been for a while, see  also hcyiuundaiii despite them telling us not so many years ago it was haiunday

Aye. I got told off by the receptionist at the Porsche dealership for not adding an 'ah' at the end of it. ImpJr was well angry with me. 😂 

It's an interesting one isn't it?  Would they say Paris or Paree?

Sometimes it's just marketing, I imagine Porsche receptionists are told to say it that way to promote a unified brand identity or some such bollocks.  I like to say 'Porshhh' as well.

23 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

It's an interesting one isn't it?  Would they say Paris or Paree?

Sometimes it's just marketing, I imagine Porsche receptionists are told to say it that way to promote a unified brand identity or some such bollocks.  I like to say 'Porshhh' as well.

How about Volkswagen? No one ever pronounces it properly ( apart from German teachers - both sorts).

somebodies arse will be venting like crazy ,

just been to Tesco , I went to pay on the self service till ,

and sticking out of the machine was a bank card ....

not the best thing to lose a few days before xmas ..

anyway its safe with the staff ...  must be a sign that everyone is starting to go crazy before xmas ..

Despite all we’ve got going on at the moment, something made me smile this evening. Popped into a local shop on the way home and noticed a newly installed defibrillator on the wall of the, er, undertakers. First thought, that’s fucking optimistic, second, or potentially bad for business!

I have all the kit to make them if theirs no current supplier

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk