What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

In the past two days, I've done 950 miles to collect two cars. Spent two days in the company of top shiters @jaypee and @Lacquer Peel, and had an absolute blast!

Two highlights happened on the same road. Last night, the sunset on the a66 was absolutely glorious, and this evening, I was pretending to be going at warp speed in the snow.

In short, go have fun doing a drive, enjoy mates company and BUY ALL THE CARS🤣

I had to laugh the other day...  Watching A Place In The Sun, and they were looking in Cyprus; specifically the Paphos area.  Well obviously I was interested because that's where we used to live.  And then for house 3 or 4, the caption came up... Koili.  Well that was only the first village we lived in!  Way up on top of the hill, not far off the main road north out of Paphos; so high that we could actually look down on the clouds!  The presenter then introduced the segment, calling the village "Coyly."  Except it isn't.  You pronounce it "Killy" as in Ted Crilly.

Didn't recognise the house though, it was buried in the heart of the village, whereas we were out on the edge with open fields in front of us.

highway patrol and theyre in a queue of traffic and they see a gammon on the phone

pull him over and hes like yeah i know but and then starts i cant afford the fine etc etc

you were using it blah (more rant from him)

cops didnt care and wrote him a $476 ticket

ouch

Flicking through YouTube football highlights last night , came across the Maidstone United FA cup match. ( used to live in the area otherwise no interest ).

Anyway the commentator couldn’t pronounce his “Rs”. Think Fools and Horses with the singer who had to sing “Crying”.
Didn’t help the opponents were Bawwow , I mean Barrow and the winning goal was scored by someone called Gurung!

Good luck to Maidstone in the 3rd wound dwaw!

(Apologies I know it’s not nice to make fun of someone’s afflictions but it was funny).

Sun online “news”.

Internet riddle only those with high IQs can solve.

I buy a cow for £800 and sell it for £1000.

I then buy it back for £1100 and then sell it again for £1300.

How much have I made?

I can’t see what’s difficult and to me it’s primary school maths, but people were coming up with many wrong answers, guessing or just saying it was too hard, apparently.

What does anyone else think and what do you think the answer is?

1 hour ago, Metal Guru said:

Sun online “news”.

Internet riddle only those with high IQs can solve.

I buy a cow for £800 and sell it for £1000.

I then buy it back for £1100 and then sell it again for £1300.

How much have I made?

I can’t see what’s difficult and to me it’s primary school maths, but people were coming up with many wrong answers, guessing or just saying it was too hard, apparently.

What does anyone else think and what do you think the answer is?

= ((£1300 -£1100) + (£1000 - £800)) ×0.8* 

= ((200) + (200)) x 0.8*

= £400 x 0.8*

= £320 

* 0.8 because you obviously are declaring the profit as part of your income and are currently taxed at 20% by the HMRC

The answer you were looking for is £400.