What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

For the first timee in my life as I recall I worked out the 330 thirst over the Xmas Belgo Germany and back race route. Given I absolutely nail it on the Autobahn sections and never really hang about on any major routes - I was actually quite pleased with 32mpg overall..... Really was expecting a lot worse. 

Car behaved beautifully, ran like a switch watch, whizzed past the litter of broken down moderns along the way and sat in 2.5hrs of border crossing queues without a hiccup. 

I'll treat it to a full service and valet ASAP. 

For some reason I forgot the pre-Xmas grin on my parts collecting travels...... Haring out of Stourbridge to get back - I had occasion to slam on the brakes and deftly swing into a layby that was half occupied by a baby coach and blue mazda estate with a reprobate attmempting to fix washer jets.... Our very own @puddlethumper spotted out in the wild.

Looked in fine fettle. 

Mazda had been in the wars - flying debris damaging the rear tip edge of the bonnet sadly. 

Got to drive this awesome Land Rover 88 the other day, off road for the first time too. I was very honoured to be trusted with her. 200tdi conversion, running a straight piped exhaust. Just a beautiful machine. I think I'm in love.

Screenshot_2023-12-24-14-53-12-20_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.0452d8e16bce13d26f90d21f3a301a57.jpg

just with the Land Rover of course, not the owner 😜

Screenshot_2023-12-24-14-53-36-18_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.thumb.jpg.7269e9c2db105da2ae0bcba0df1e94b6.jpg

Coming event!

Facebook

In case that doesn't show up.... it's a free Poetry Night at Cooke's Studios, Barrow-in-Furness, Friday Jan 5th 5-7pm if anyone can make it.  Several poets will be reading work loosely themed around an ongoing exhibition (also free), and I'm one of those poets.

20 hours ago, Back_For_More said:

For the first timee in my life as I recall I worked out the 330 thirst over the Xmas Belgo Germany and back race route. Given I absolutely nail it on the Autobahn sections and never really hang about on any major routes - I was actually quite pleased with 32mpg overall..... Really was expecting a lot worse. 

Car behaved beautifully, ran like a switch watch, whizzed past the litter of broken down moderns along the way and sat in 2.5hrs of border crossing queues without a hiccup. 

I'll treat it to a full service and valet ASAP. 

I will be giving Belgium the swerve on my next visit to Germany, the queues on the Belgian roads were horrible. Swiss road surfaces are ace, why can't the A20/M20 up from Dover be like that, its almost as if they don't want to encourage foreign visitors or for Brits to go abroad.