Rover 45 SE Club kettle

Shandylegs

I know it's not the done thing for a first post being a 'for sale' ad, but I'm a regular long time lurker (Saying that, I don't know which is worse!)

Anyway, a work colleague has recently taken a new car on the motability scheme and they didn't have a clue how to go about selling their car privately. Not wanting to take advantage, I made an offer of £300 sight unseen in the knowledge that it had been tested in the last few weeks.

Car: Rover 45 Saloon, 1.8, manual, velour seats

The good:

- 62k from new. Having looked at the online MOT checker this looks to be genuine.

- Fair few bills / old MOTs.

- 2 keys.

- Most items seem to work!

- Drives well. I've now done circa 100 miles running around and no problems have surfaced.

- Good tyres all round. Well no, they are the usual ditchfinders, but all have good tread (spare steel looks unused - Dunlop tyre). Alloys good.

- No obvious grot and seems fairly straight (but a few small scratches/defects).

- Very clean under the bonnet.

The bad:

- Driver window was slow. I've put some silicone grease on the runners and all now seems ok.

- Clock not working

- Cig burn in middle of the drivers seat

- The exhaust is a bit boomy. I could've sworn it was blowing, but given the recent MOT and having done the hand over the exhaust I can't hear anything untoward.

- Drivers wing and bumper have been painted (bumper has a small crack). A fairly decent match but paint not the best.

- Headlamps dull and will need a polish.

All in all not a bad little car, not new but it should give someone a year or two's motoring for little or no outlay. I was tempted to pull the motor for my K Midget as it's the later better non dizzy set-up, but the car is just too good for that.

Rather than risk the inevitable idiots that come with a £550 Gumtree ad, I'd be happy to let a discerning gentleman/woman take this on at cost - £310.

If there's any genuine interest I'll post some pictures.

Just in case my new found photo skillz aren't up to scratch, it's light metallic green. Tax is in indeed £205 (or £112.75 for 6 months).

You won't make a fortune by cleaning it selling it on (or I would've done that), but as said above, a decent little car with plenty of life left in it.

Seem to be having problems getting posts approved due to newbie status. It's currently like having a phone conversation with an inbuilt 8 hour delay.

.............. (Edit) I now appear to have beat the post count so can post at will!

If anyone is genuinely interested let me know as in the intetvening time whilst waiting to get the pictures authorised on here, boredom set in and I also placed an ad on Gumtree (at a suitably higher price I may add!)

Looks blooming good for 300 odd sovs I must say

The pictures do it justice but it certainly isn't a shed or I wouldn't have bothered to list it here. I just have absolutely no use for it as I already have something to smoke round in that I happen to be quite attached to.

If someone is quick it's still taxed and insured (So you should be able to drive it on your current insurance policy) until the end of the year i.e. tomorrow!

Yes, still here. Even the Gumtree shysters seem to steer clear of Rover's  - less street cred than a Zafira?

Sorn'd and insurance cancelled from tomorrow, so it's now parked off road outside my unit (fun rather than business) looking sorry for itself.

Half of me is still saying run it for a while and tackle the jobs needed on my daily Saab 95, then sell (or rape it for it's engine -  seems to be really peachy for an 800 K-series). However, the wife would really seriously throw a wobbly so it does have to go!