New shite purrrchased

Jazoli

Just got home after collecting a new chariot, no epic collection thread as it was only up the road and had a 1/4 tank of fuel so no petrol station shot either.

Does this qualify as shite? I don't know if it's grim enough.

5e81499c7dea63864fa762b7c7d2b895.jpg

It's a badermatic, (which I need due to issues) 2 owner 90k mile fine piece of Japanese engineering, it has working aircon and factory fitted sat nav! (which works) worryingly the trip computer was showing an average of 26mpg when I picked it up but I'm hoping that will improve on my 10 mile trundle to my new job.

It's got 4 new tyres and a decent service history too which is a bonus

First impressions are that it's smooth, slow and ugly, but I don't care, it only cost me £300 as that's all I had in the bank after unexpectedly landing a new job and having to return my company van.

Let's hope Toyota's are as reliable as they say as I plan on spending nothing on it.

£300 and as a bonus, it's so anonymous that you could be doing over jewellers every day and nobody would remember what the getaway car was.

Good luck with your new job minicabbing. As long as nobody lives on a street built after 2003, your satnav will be fine!

Car looks lovely, can I have your old job please?

What was it, by the way?

I was/am a service engineer for the biggest supplier/installer of drinking water solutions in the UK, my job is being advertised through agencies at the minute but if you are serious and have some plumbing and good electrical fault finding skills I'll pass your cv on

Lots of driving involved, at a maximum of 68mph with some twatty box on the dashboard telling you that you are cornering too quickly when in fact you've just been overtaken by a granny in a micra, I've had enough, 300k in 6 years, that's miles not pounds BTW.

£300 and as a bonus, it's so anonymous that you could be doing over jewellers every day and nobody would remember what the getaway car was.

Good luck with your new job minicabbing. As long as nobody lives on a street built after 2003, your satnav will be fine!

I often wonder why drug dealers need to advertise their presence by driving something that looks like a drug dealer's car. Like your metaphorical jewellery thieves, my metaphorical dealers would be safe and sound in this.

After reading that back, I'm not suggesting you might want to start dealing drugs for pocket money or leading any life of crime. I'm just suggesting that, you know, could... If you wanted to.

Good car if you value reliability above driving enjoyment. For 300 clams I reckon you did well, as I sold my wife's 02 plate estate needing a clutch and with 206k on it for the same amount last winter (with a years ticket).

No idea if the bifterstick hammers the economy but the manuals are very frugal for their size. We could see low 40s on a run in our 2 litre.

Bodily ours had no rust at all. Mechanically the 1.6 and 1.8 can burn oil and ours did as well towards the end but you just keep topping it up.

£300 - tick

Unloved/unrecognised by 99% of people - tick

Would get you thrown off Pistonheads / beaten to death with clubs by the audience at Top Gear - tick

Yep, qualifies as shite.

Sounds like a good buy too with 90k.  May it bring you much joy and negligible running costs.

I've had enough, 300k in 6 years, that's miles not pounds BTW.

Blimey, I don't blame you. I do about 800 miles a month and am thoroughly sick of my life at the end of every week. If the car turns a wheel between Friday night and Monday morning, I count it as a personal tragedy.

These are great.

Warning. VVTi engines consume oil. It's their thing. Like a past time or whatever. So watch it.

Mine would do a litre of oil every 800 miles. But don't panic, this actually negates any service requirement whatsoever, as you're always putting fresh oil in. It's like a rolling service scheme.

Otherwise, welcome to anonymous motoring for the Asian community.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

These are great.

Warning. VVTi engines consume oil. It's their thing. Like a past time or whatever. So watch it.

Mine would do a litre of oil every 800 miles. But don't panic, this actually negates any service requirement whatsoever, as you're always putting fresh oil in. It's like a rolling service scheme.

Thanks for that, I was aware of the oil drinking issues, I'll check it every couple of months! My 64 plate van takes about a litre every 1500 miles so I'm forever topping it up, vauxhalls. .........

• 4 weeks later...

Shite update as this has been pressed into service as my work hack now I have started my job.

It goes ok enough and is nice and smooth with the autobox generally being in the right gear at the right time, it also has a handy switch on the gear selector to turn the overdrive off which is handy when travelling downhill, the engine hasn't used any oil, the aircon is still cold and the heater is hot.

The power steering has a groan occasionally when going to full lock, which is probably due to the fluid being like treacle, I'll change it if it stops steering.

It's also averaging 30mpg which is ok really as it's 1 mile of town and 10 miles of twisty up and down hill country lanes, it could be better and I'm sure it'd do 40 odd on the motorway.

It's doing what I want it to do with no hassle, if it passes it's mot in December I'll keep using it, the work car park is full of older shite cars too so it fits in well.

7/10 so far.

These are great.

I didn't want to say,but don't these usually have a banner hanging from the rear view mirror with Arabic writing on? For £300 though,it's a bargain. I would have thought it would have been on its way to Africa by now.