Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - An evening with the cows!

Six-cylinder

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD open 2/3 September For All Shiters – Free camping for Radwood
  DIANA the dredger poised ready for finishing touches for Saturday. Hope you can join them 1030 at MK18 5HL

I think the plan is  @Mrs6C will be at the canal at 10.30 am and I will be at the FoD.

There will be a bit of a party and naming ceremony for Buckingham Canal Society "new" (ex CRT) narrow dredger "DIANA".

THERE WILL BE CAKE !!!!!!

Location is MK19 7JR near lock 21 on the Grand Union at Cosgrove

------

At 1.45 pm Mrs6C will be leading a group walking around an old area of Milton Keynes, Simpson Village. The theme of the walk is to look at old maps and find how many of the orchards marked still have fruit trees in them. Tea and coffee in the hall at the end.

Location is Simson Village Hall, Hanmer road, Milton Keynes, MK6 3AD

------

Late afternoon if all goes to plan our trail boat will also be able to pass under the bridge. Stay tuned for the latest information.

371128596_724711323033436_1409208089970201508_n.jpg

P1060509 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Is anybody free this Friday to help with launching our boat into the Grand Union Canal? - FoD open 2/3 September For All Shiters – Free camping for Radwood

Boat preparation is not going to plan. We decided to do a brief outboard engine test start yesterday, the engine turned but did not start. Investigation showed it had petrol but no spark.  We can't see anything obvious so Mrs6C is going to clean up all the connections this morning as it was running prior to the covid lockdown.

It is a Honda 9.9 HP of around 1989 vintage.

IMG_20230830_153943 broad.jpg

IMG_20230830_153959 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD open 2/3 September For All Shiters – Free camping for Radwood
3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Boat preparation is not going to plan. We decided to do a brief outboard engine test start yesterday, the engine turned but did not start. Investigation showed it had petrol but no spark.  We can't see anything obvious so Mrs6C is going to clean up all the connections this morning as it was running prior to the covid lockdown.

It is a Honda 9.9 HP of around 1989 vintage.

IMG_20230830_153943 broad.jpg

IMG_20230830_153959 broad.jpg

Have you tried applying a @Zelandeth to it? I hear the @Zelandeth product is very good for getting engines and agri-industrial machinery of all shapes and sizes functioning :mrgreen:

on a more serious note, It sounds like its going to be a fun weekend! its a shame I cant be there, it would of been fun to see the boat in action in person :) 

(I am still recovering from the last FoD gathering, for some reason, its properly kicked my arse much more then normal so theres no way I can endure a another weekend currently sadly)

Tonight was Milton Keynes Classic Car Club, I choose the Sovereign S2 as I expected to come home in the Dark and it has the best headlights.

A good selection of cars tonight including the only 2 cylinder of the evening!

@Zelandeth further to our discussion about the dashboard lights  on S2 they do seem to work.

IMG_20230901_183638 broad.jpg

IMG_20230901_184527 broad.jpg

IMG_20230901_183814 broad.jpg

IMG_20230901_204934 broad.jpg

13 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Tonight was Milton Keynes Classic Car Club, I choose the Sovereign S2 as I expected to come home in the Dark and it has the best headlights.

A good selection of cars tonight including the only 2 cylinder of the evening!

@Zelandeth further to our discussion about the dashboard lights  on S2 they do seem to work.

IMG_20230901_183638 broad.jpg

IMG_20230901_184527 broad.jpg

IMG_20230901_183814 broad.jpg

IMG_20230901_204934 broad.jpg

Good to see. 

Looks like the fibre optic source lamps is out though.  Legends on the gauges, heater controls and the legends around the lighting/ignition switches are the ones run by the fancy fibre optic nonsense.  At least the important ones do work though.

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

Good to see. 

Looks like the fibre optic source lamps is out though.  Legends on the gauges, heater controls and the legends around the lighting/ignition switches are the ones run by the fancy fibre optic nonsense.  At least the important ones do work though.

Fibre optic source lamp is located in the centre console, remove the ski slope and it should be to the left of the gear selector.

17 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

@beko1987 Don't worry about bringing the tent, a lot of motorway miles yesterday has left me in no mood for more today.  Sorry chaps, hopefully catch up soon.

That's a shame but equally that's fine! Or I can take it and leave it in the barn for you (but it might be more mouse safe staying at home). 

so i was thinking about going to ireland for a vintage show (done before) and scarily apart from the boat its less miles than the fod :D

but was working this morning and thought oh can get ferry this evening then back tomorrow which meant straight off the ferry and straight to work

the alternative was back via holyhead at midnight on monday and two hours back here

decided i couldnt be arsed and thought id do this - but i was tired and fell asleep woke up half an hour ago

also since then the ferry got full :(

watching grease now and eating cheesecake :D

8 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Aye are many people about? I'm over at Bicester with Speedy and I'll drop in for chips later if so. 

Sorry, I have only just caught up with the Forum, yes we were here and had Fish and chips.

We had a great day Saab 95 now runs and Royale has been towed to the front yard and Beko has started cleaning it.

Plenty more fun to be had tomorrow.

IMG_20230902_183609 broad.jpg

IMG_20230902_153118 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD open Sunday 3 September For All Shiters

Plan for today Saab 95:

• Pipe to run off its fuel tank.
  • Bleed the Clutch and check the operation.
  • Free rear brake.
  • Refit headlights and grill etc.

Plan for today Royale:

• Continue cleaning
  • Fit new ignition parts and check for spark
  • Check what is hanging down under the car
  • look into fuel system

Plan for today GoGo mobility Scooter:

• Refit charged battery pack and test ride

IMG_20230902_152128 broad.jpg

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

6:25am I am Wide awake!

I think I am excited about how the Royale will look when Beko has worked his magic on it.

i did the same thing although didnt look at the clock tried to go back to sleep then alarm did a 0930

watching bob ross and drinking tea and eating waffles

haircut and have to mess with the bike later

rock and roll