Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

19 hours ago, bunglebus said:

My Humbers are a mixed bag, police version has interior and occupants

Dinky Toys 165 Humber Hawk

Formerly green one does not

Dinky Toys 165 Humber Hawk

Nice to see the Police one, that has my completist personality twitching & Ebay may be looked at later... I wonder why they didn't model the top of the range Super-Snipe instead of the Hawk ?

3 hours ago, flat4alfa said:

I can go one better on the Humbers

I have an early one when you didn’t even get glazing.  So no interior to get wet in the inevitable Coventry deluge

Oooh now that is interesting, it says Prov Patent on bottom of mine so I assumed it was early but sounds like yours is even earlier !

1 hour ago, ETCHY said:

Oooh now that is interesting, it says Prov Patent on bottom of mine so I assumed it was early but sounds like yours is even earlier !

I understood it was the suspension ‘technology’ that was submitted rather than the castings themselves, hence ‘PROV PAT’ (or ‘BREVETE’ for French production) was applied to bases from 1960 and continued through.  This is why Hong Kong production Dinky (the inherited Spot Ons) did not.  Interestingly, Chinese reproduction in recent years under Atlas distribution all stated ‘PROV PAT’ as well and just reproduced the submitted numbers. Perhaps in honour, perhaps in confusion - as there was no need as the max 20 years had passed.

10 hours ago, FakeConcern said:

Mine has no interior either,

IMG_7741.JPG.bf10591ff4cd6c3e97103576250c6cc6.JPG

but it does have number plates!

IMG_7742.JPG.bef4025d5f7fd604a14ea9c9b6266634.JPG

Can I ask would those number plates have been original to it or has somebody added them ?
Is it something you can buy to add to toy cars, I quite fancy doing that if possible ?
Cheers

They are not just ‘toy cars’

They are a lifestyle.

Your home will become a shrine

The Gazelle range by Adidas is worn as part of the sub-culture

Days out become events to experience the wild variations of body odour and halitosis in equal measure

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

Those mechanical ones had an oil hole on the base I think? 

Yes.  So you could over-fill with light oil that would then spray about and get up to the glazing and cloud the windows from the inside.

A style later adopted by Cheech & Chong

cheech-and-chong-car.gif

1 hour ago, andrew e said:

Having an amateur @Jon moment with this Welly Renault 5 I brought when I was supposed to be getting dinner supplies, I blamed the continental language barrier to the Mrs and she just scowled and snatched the rock hard French stick in my other hand 😂

IMG_6246.jpeg.e6216c707e3066d7780575c469eebeaa.jpeg

42 minutes ago, ETCHY said:

Can I ask would those number plates have been original to it or has somebody added them ?
Is it something you can buy to add to toy cars, I quite fancy doing that if possible ?
Cheers

I don't know for sure but I'd think they were added by a small child, when I was a kid it was possible to buy sets of those sort of number plates, tax discs, running in stickers and all sorts of other stuff. I did it an I expect many others did too. Now you can get similar from model shops and ebay etc. I agree they look great.

Today the Corgi Mini Pickup got some primer, also in the pic you can see that the wheels disolved in cosmic soda! I think someone ( @flat4alfa maybe?) warned me this could happen with some wheels.

The Dinky HA Viva I got the other day missing it's bonnet is now sporting one I painetd satin black ( a bit more shiny than I wanted). I think is quite a good 60s period look

IMG_9128.JPG.bab3121ef8cd5d90e2bf537f7a65fec0.JPG

I'm thinking of putting some racing numbers on it as well

IMG_9129.JPG.7035abecc96802e543d73d2e884d1f3f.JPG

One of the Spot On Zephyrs is now black and is going to be re built with repaired original parts while the other one will get some repro bits and be a Z Cars Zephyr again

IMG_9130.JPG.fc51ec6e3042f918be73bf91168f51f1.JPG

IMG_9127.JPG

1 hour ago, flat4alfa said:

They are not just ‘toy cars’

They are a lifestyle.

Your home will become a shrine

The Gazelle range by Adidas is worn as part of the sub-culture

Days out become events to experience the wild variations of body odour and halitosis in equal measure

Funnily enough that last line reminds me of the many militaria shows I used to attend. Oh how my long suffering other half enjoyed accompanying me to those..😆.

I think trips to model shows/swapmeets may be her next treat 😉 I just told her that & she's sobbing quietly..