PBK WINS the £3-a-pop Volvo S40 Roffle!!

smellypoo

Just a quick update before I start a seperate thread. Steam Engine Mate and myself i10'd it over to Wemberleeeeeey.

There waiting for us was a purpley Volvo! Deven's autie was clearing the last of the bits out of the car and kindly invited me in for a cuppa. Sadly, I am not a cuppa kind of person so I had to gracefully decline. 

The V5 was signed with the aid of Deven's uncles 'off the shelf' reading glasses. Deven, I think your uncle was going to tell me about a few of the cars quirks but I think he got 'that' glance from your Auntie bless him  :D

They were both very nice people and even if he'd said anything of importance it would have made no difference whatsoever lol.

So, first impressions! Nice roomy car, sufficient amount of toys to make life a bit more pleasant but not enough to be an electrical liability ;)

The car is very purple!

Semi seriously though...... the immediately identifiable things that need attention are:

The drivers side door cloth has come away from the door card. Only one lonesome wheel trim lol. Your auntie broke the gear change pattern badge on the gear knob (it's in there somewhere).

The steering, when turned makes a bit of a whine, could be the pump or the rack or a poor alignment of the stars/planets or whatevs.

The lacquered paintwork is not lacquered in some areas. There might be an oil leak somewhere according to your auntie.

So, my thoughts are??? Who the heck cares. I really, really, really like the car :) :)

I am told by my mate that it drove very nicely indeed and the steering squeak was just about noticeable by the end of the journey as we parked it up in the barn.

Like a prawn, I forgot to bring the camera. However, I will be gambolling over to the barn soon and will take a whole bundle of before and after piccies for your amusement and delectation. 

Verdict: huge WIN, would deffo roffle participate via 'smellypoo' again. A clear roffler of distinction :)

Hi Ken, sorry I couldn't make it to meet you at the handover! Really glad you like the car, it has been a faithful old friend to my Aunt and despite it's dog-eared appearance it should keep plodding on with some maintenance! 

The V5 was signed with the aid of Deven's uncles 'off the shelf' reading glasses. Deven, I think your uncle was going to tell me about a few of the cars quirks but I think he got 'that' glance from your Auntie bless him  :D

They were both very nice people and even if he'd said anything of importance it would have made no difference whatsoever lol.

That made me chuckle! It's very much the kind of thing they'd do! :)

I didn't know the lacquer had escaped - I remember it had been going 'milky' over an increasing area (over an increasing number of panels as well) over the past few years but I really should have spent some time inspecting it before the roffling! Sorry about that!

Looking forward to hearing about it further on here! Cheers Ken!