One (shite) picture per post.

mk1_4dr

7 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Is that you in the banger, I've no idea how old you are, did you ever banger race at Funtley near Fareham quite a few years back? 

Not me,just a picture I found.Never did race,wish I had though 🤔

6 hours ago, Amishtat said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, 90% of the many people lining up to stick knives into the Austin 3-litre have never even sat in one let alone driven one. Wonderful vehicles and a league apart from anything else available at the time(alright, maybe not an S. 1  XJ6). And to think that the few ignorant contributors to this site currently would rather lose their shit over miserable landfill fodder like Clios and Focii, never mind fucking Daewoos or Protons. Absolute, depressing, irreparable complete shit. Nobody will mourn that  cack once it's raced. (Yes, I've owned one, driven about ten) 

Ok, so which would you: Austin 3-litre, XJ6 Ser 1, or VDP 4-litre R?

46 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Ok, so which would you: Austin 3-litre, XJ6 Ser 1, or VDP 4-litre R?

As much as I love the 3-litre, a good Series 1 XJ is just the best thing of its period. And that's a hard statement from a devoted entbusiast of 6 cylinder Farinas, P5s, Mk. 4 Zodiacs and PB/PC Crestas, but it's the truth. 

On 11/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I'm guessing it wasn't needed for high-speed work....

Pretty much the same performance as a PC Cresta or Mk4 Zodiac which were also used as motorway cars at the  time. Remember V8 P6es and Jags cost a lot more money, 3 big BMC/Ford / Vauxhalls  or 2 Rover 3500s that couldn’t carry as many cones, shovels etc. anyway . 
A 3 litre for motorways and a Cooper S for chasing, perfect pair.

57A219E1-D935-40D3-8E1F-0D6D38E08491.jpeg.c1c0ea9f741a13ead65bcb9502d566b9.jpeg

2 hours ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

That’s the only one piece window, slotted wheel 3-litre I’ve ever seen a modern picture of, do any square headlamp cars survive?

There was rumoured to be a black example surviving in Gloucestershire a few years ago, I've never seen one either.