goodwood retro rides weekender

hairnet

Great pics! the 50s car without headlights is an Armstrong siddeley hurricane IIRC. 

EDIT- think its a lancaster as its a 4 door saloon.

That cream 63 pontiac was for sale earlier this year for about £13k at a dealer iirc.

Is this instead of the shelsey walsh hillclimb? if so can you cane it around the circuit? im presuming not in this day and age, alas.

IIRC @Fennec took a w123 up Shelsey walsh and has some great pics.

As ever, 5 minutes up the road from me and completely missed it. Did see a lot of the cars piling out through Chi yesterday evening though, and no doubt the same again today.

Should have dug the Rover and taken it along as a last hurrah really, but never mind. 

30 minutes ago, HMC said:

Great pics! the 50s car without headlights is an Armstrong siddeley hurricane IIRC. 

EDIT- think its a lancaster as its a 4 door saloon.

That cream 63 pontiac was for sale earlier this year for about £13k at a dealer iirc.

Is this instead of the shelsey walsh hillclimb? if so can you cane it around the circuit? im presuming not in this day and age, alas.

IIRC @Fennec took a w123 up Shelsey walsh and has some great pics.

No, this is in addition to the Gathering. 

Interestingly, I've taken a Nissan Sunny, a Lada Riva, a Triumph Acclaim and a Toyota Carina up the hill climb, but never a W123.

That was actually at at the Haynes museum on their track. As was the Mazda 929. I'll try to dig out some pics 

18 hours ago, Schaefft said:

Some great cars there, shame it's so far from up North. Following the owner of the white Beat on Instagram, he seems to be at every vaguely related show.

Pah, no excuse, I went from Aberdeen.  (Admittedly I was flying out of Heathrow the next day and work paid for it...)

Great show though, I really enjoyed it although some things made you scratch your head a bit.  Each to their own and all that.

The blue 2 door is not a bellett but a Honda 1300 coupe, also called a Coupe 7 apparently.  Never heard of it either but had a good read of the blurb sheet the owner had in the window, air cooled, front wheel drive and the last car Soichiro Honda was personally involved with.  That section with the other air cooled cars was cool, NSU Prinz and a Zaporozhets as well.