bought ford anglia

bicycle repairman

I’ve noticed with a lot of these South African Ford imports that they look very shiny but underneath there’s a lot of wob covering accident repairs. That said they’re almost certainly a better bet than years of welding back together a U.K. spec one. Plus you get some interesting specs like 3.0 Sierras etc

5 hours ago, Saabnut said:

Sorry Eddy, you are wrong! You can insure it but it is illegal for a UK resident to drive a foreign registered car. You will probably get away with it (like you did and indeed I have done) but that does not make it legal.

Nice car btw

I noticed Pete C of Cortina City drove his British Guyana registered Cortina to the NEC in March. Quite a distance in a car still on Guyanan plates. I was wondering how he managed to do it, I take it it was illegal?

I’ve looked at Car Caves offerings, unfortunately I’m not bestowed with the cash for a classic Ford but they don’t look bad value. The descriptions usually tell you if it wants a bit of welding or whatever, I mean they’re 50-60 year old cars so it’s not going to look brand new. 

still on drum brakes so sure originals that been banded looks nice got good stance

On 5/18/2023 at 6:03 AM, sutty2006 said:

Nice looking angrybox. Where has it been living? 

south africa yes bought off carcave explained what problem was got be honest he was going give me full refund but struck a deal were he gave me some money off explain later.he seemed be easy deal with,

10 minutes ago, bicycle repairman said:

still on drum brakes so sure originals that been banded looks nice got good stance

south africa yes bought off carcave explained what problem was got be honest he was going give me full refund but struck a deal were he gave me some money off explain later.he seemed be easy deal with,

Looking at them they're John Brown Wheels. The style is called Smoothie.