The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Probably because there's f*ck all else worth celebrating in Dudley!

Steady on its not that bad :shock::) ! Don't forget the Black Country was the heart of the industrial revolution.

He has actually been granted the freedom of Dudley borough, whatever it means by freedom! Maybe he gets free Faggots and Paays from the Old Swan in Netherton! There is a lot of history in the area and much worth visiting!

I know a guy who used to play football with him as a child!

Seriously fed up and fucked off because I can't find a decent Ford Focus for love nor money. Trawled ebay and gumtree literally every evening but nothing is coming up which is in my price range, my Fiesta daily is on it's last legs which isn't helping either, and adding to my stress levels which are through the roof as I'm moving into a flat with SWMBO this weekend....

Lenny Henry did a gig at a theatre I worked at a few years ago. The whole show was him talking about how great he thought himself and his singing was.

Apart from that all he did was reel out the old jokes about differences between white and black people as if it was still the 80s. Me and the other younger staff actually found it slightly ignorant.

Lenny Henry did a gig at a theatre I worked at a few years ago. The whole show was him talking about how great he thought himself and his singing was.

Apart from that all he did was reel out the old jokes about differences between white and black people as if it was still the 80s.

I went to see Jim Twat 'Twat Twat' Davidson at a theatre once and it was pretty much exactly as you said about Henry, though obviously with about 271,000 times the racism. An substitute singing for shagging and slightly for incredibly ignorant.

Apart from that all he did was reel out the old jokes about differences between white and black people as if it was still the 80s.

I went to see Jim Twat 'Twat Twat' Davidson at a theatre once and it was pretty much exactly as you said about Henry, though obviously with about 271,000 times the racism. An substitute singing for shagging and slightly for incredibly ignorant.

What exactly does 'freedom of the City' actually mean FFS ?

Go where you want for free?

Park for free?

Free entry/exit from any brothels within the city?

Am unclear...

:?

How many people on here have spent time in Dudley? I went once, and once only. I was amazed to be in such a shit-hole. COnsidering I lived in Slough, I found somewhere worse. Featureless, devoid of any character, and it looked like a Zombie attack.

:D

So to be given the "Freedom of a shit-hole" may actually be an insult rather than a privilege?

Vox Populi?

How many people on here have spent time in Dudley? I went once, and once only. I was amazed to be in such a shit-hole. COnsidering I lived in Slough, I found somewhere worse. Featureless, devoid of any character, and it looked like a Zombie attack.

It depends where you go. There are some fine Georgian properties around the back of the town centre, there is a medieval castle and zoo, the priory ruins. There is the Black Country Museum, the last glass cone at Amblecote. Stourbridge still has quite an historic town centre, Halesowen has a ruined abbey and a Norman Church. Granted the town centre of Dudley is pretty horrid and there are some big rough estates but it is no different from many towns. Unfortunately a lot of damage was done to the area in the sixties and the large Merry Hill shopping centre provided the final nail in the coffin.

Sorry to seem defensive but if you know where to look there is lots of history and lots to see.

Went into the petrol station earlier, standing there waiting in line patiently i perused the over priced shite they offer....... i settled on a dime bar as i've not had one in years........got in the car, had a nibble.....thought ' Fuck me, are they crunchier than i remember? ' then spat out half a tooth....should have bought the fucking caramac.

Brill. Got an NIP in the post today, kind of expected it as there was a White van parked on my usual route to work, how I didn't notice it is beyond me so I feel a bit stupid. I hope they offer one of those 1 day courses, I'd like to avoid any points on my licence.

Dudley? I was there a few days ago, also went to college there for a year. It does feel a bit depressing as the High Street seems full of dole-queue botherers, but I do agree with what Tha_Organist says, there are some very nice areas scattered around and if you look deep enough, the character and history is there, some places even feel a little village/small town like, its such a shame that there doesnt seem to be any real investment into the area itself, the town centre is crying for it.

What exactly does 'freedom of the City' actually mean FFS ?

In Newcastle upon Tyne, apparently it still confers the right to graze sheep on Town Moor. Which is useful.

:D

cows :wink:

Thanks, A5 - I knew it was some form of livestock! :mrgreen:

The aldermen obviously don't hand them out too often; in the year I lived on Forsyth Rd in West Jesmond, across the old Great North Road from the Moor, I never saw a single ruminant...

The Maxi needs another steering rack. I bought one from the owners clubs last year which the garage fitted it as part of the MOT work. A few days after getting the car back this knocking sound started, I thought it was the CV joint. It turns out one of the bushes in the steering rack is knackered, there is quite a lot of play in the steering rack and the garage are concerned about me driving any distance.

I have ordered another rack from e-bay, could really do without this at the moment!

Went into the petrol station earlier, standing there waiting in line patiently i perused the over priced shite they offer....... i settled on a dime bar as i've not had one in years........got in the car, had a nibble.....thought ' Fuck me, are they crunchier than i remember? ' then spat out half a tooth....should have bought the fucking caramac.

They're called Daim now.

Busted my phone screen at lunchtime today, which pissed me off. Ordering a new screen from ebay for £80 stung a bit more too :(

On the bright side after spending half an hour watching a youtube vid it seems easy, just need to hope the £80 screen is the right part, and AMOLED not just LED.

Need to find a shite old handset now for next week... Anyone got a 6230i within striking distance of High Wycombe they dont want anymore?

Busted my phone screen at lunchtime today, which pissed me off. Ordering a new screen from ebay for £80 stung a bit more too :(

On the bright side after spending half an hour watching a youtube vid it seems easy, just need to hope the £80 screen is the right part, and AMOLED not just LED.

Need to find a shite old handset now for next week... Anyone got a 6230i within striking distance of High Wycombe they dont want anymore?

You can buy cheap unlocked Nokias from Tesco for £15. They're great, Snake is the only game and there's a built in torch.

I went sight-seeing in glorious Aberdyfi today (not pronounced how you expect). There were many lovely views. Then there was this,.

Bloody vandals. Just because they wear bright yellow hats they think they can carve up clearly delicious Rovers willy-nilly.

tis a shame but I reckon that you would be grateful of the sacrifice should you ever be seriosuly in need of their help :shock: . Lets hope none of us ever need that eh.

A drinking chum had to be cut out of the remains of his stonking new 220 coupe, silly arse thought seatbelts were for loosers and managed to crumple himself into the space between steering wheel and pedals. The Vandals really had a work hard to get him out in one bit.

tis a shame but I reckon that you would be grateful of the sacrifice should you ever be seriosuly in need of their help :shock: . Lets hope none of us ever need that eh.

Been there and I was very grateful to them.......