The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

F..... Roads in Arnside ... 

IMG_20240205_080746360.thumb.jpg.3dd1737b4b3eff686eaeec8e89cd3c2f.jpg

New glasses not the right prescription 🤔😄🤯

1 hour ago, New POD said:

New glasses not the right prescription 🤔😄🤯

It was hiding in a puddle , the bits of broken road lying around should of given it away , live and learn 

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

It was hiding in a puddle , the bits of broken road lying around should of given it away , live and learn 

What an arse.

In the words of dave sexton. Never drive or ride through a puddle. If you have to, assume its 3 foot deep. 

Focus had had some big love of late in terms of time and money put in which makes this rather disappointing.

IMG_9116.thumb.jpeg.7a13b0bba30e58c1fece7db2884a6325.jpeg

IMG_9117.thumb.jpeg.c3be12501c253aeac34a1ae7892600f3.jpeg

Was parked up at the time and bus has just smashed the shit out it. Bollocks. 

That sucks big style fella - I'll be honest though, with the hill you're on and the shitty parking I've seen I'm not surprised this happened eventually...... 

I take it this will be an easy resolve though..... 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Back_For_More said:

That sucks big style fella - I'll be honest though, with the hill you're on and the shitty parking I've seen I'm not surprised this happened eventually...... 

I take it this will be an easy resolve though..... 

Pain in the bum but hey nobody hurt so only metal. Probably an insurance wright off by the looks though track rod end and mirror should make it reet 👍 This happened in Woolwich outside her work as witnessed by a colleague and fortunately with the fault driver being a stagecoach employee should be an easy enough resolve. 

Ive sorted our road out nicely by parking a mobile chicane in the shape of a late 80's caravan on it. Works a treat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Home insurance renewal quote is a 50% increase on last year's premium. The joy of comparison sites beckons....

7 hours ago, MikeR said:

F..... Roads in Arnside ... 

IMG_20240205_080746360.thumb.jpg.3dd1737b4b3eff686eaeec8e89cd3c2f.jpg

As @Jazoli said above, the roads around here are a disgrace.  If you're around Barrow while you're here....

3 hours ago, New POD said:

What an arse.

In the words of dave sexton. Never drive or ride through a puddle. If you have to, assume its 3 foot deep. 

but I managed to miss the lamp posts that were in plain sight :-)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

As @Jazoli said above, the roads around here are a disgrace.  If you're around Barrow while you're here....

They're turning me in to a miserable fucker but every pothole I see round here I take a picture and fill out the Council's online form. Fair play to Leeds City Council, its almost always been filled in within a couple of days. Not that the repairs last long at this time of year...

• Like 1

On 05/02/2024 at 12:35, Rustybullethole said:

Focus had had some big love of late in terms of time and money put in which makes this rather disappointing.

IMG_9116.thumb.jpeg.7a13b0bba30e58c1fece7db2884a6325.jpeg

IMG_9117.thumb.jpeg.c3be12501c253aeac34a1ae7892600f3.jpeg

Was parked up at the time and bus has just smashed the shit out it. Bollocks. 

Jesus, he’s done a proper job on that :o

I trust he was honourable and stopped etc?

On 04/02/2024 at 22:40, New POD said:

Noticed a little issue in my daughter's bedroom in the corner.  Little evidence of a leak20240204_110707.thumb.jpg.edff581fbda7d854ff040746479d98e1.jpg

started to investigate. Removed some Wall paper to find the lining paper covered in mould.

20240204_153824.thumb.jpg.46d15d817613d5599732b6d933864586.jpg

and investigate more. Under the pink painted lining paper on the outside wall the plaster was pretty damp. 20240204_154241.thumb.jpg.06b4e806b0fe9ca59d89a995a1d4e9b4.jpg

Took off the lining paper on the party wall. 

And scraped off the mould

20240204_172352.thumb.jpg.da1f29a364be2d6ff90742b2994a7302.jpg

Looks like there's some sort of small leak from the corner of the loft conversion above, which starts about 50 cm in from the outside wall, and has found an outlet right at the corner. 

Roofer, coming Tuesday. 

Looks like it's a £3k job🤔🤯

I finally snapped with the builders working next door. They've had the radio on so loud we can hear it in our house (we both work from home). 

I got the usual arrogant dick swinging arrogant attitude from the sort of cunts you usually get in these sorts of jobs (graduate of the University of Life etc etc). No hint of apology or contrition. 

The thing is the building industry have spent years trying to improve their image with the general public, things like starting work in residential areas at a reasonable hour (this lot start at 7.00), not pissing off neighbours by for example playing loud music and learning how to deal with the public. I've worked on building sites, quarries etc for decades so I'm usually fairly clued up on acceptable site behaviour. 

I'm minded of the bloke who dug a trench across my dad's front garden to locate a water pipe (that my dad had already told him was on the opposite side of the lane), then did a shit job of reinstating it leaving clods of clay all over the place. He did struggle to get the digger going again after my dad had topped the diesel tank up with water overnight.  

3 hours ago, SunnySouth said:

Jesus, he’s done a proper job on that :o

I trust he was honourable and stopped etc?

Yes made a hell of noise by all accounts. Was witness by her colleague and a load of parents dropping their kids at the school so is as bang to rights as it gets. Bus stopped some way up the road, Ange felt the driver was pretty nonchalant about it all though stagecoach themselves have been great so far. This is good news as our insurance have proven themselves to be really quite shit. 

2 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Yes made a hell of noise by all accounts. Was witness by her colleague and a load of parents dropping their kids at the school so is as bang to rights as it gets. Bus stopped some way up the road, Ange felt the driver was pretty nonchalant about it all though stagecoach themselves have been great so far. This is good news as our insurance have proven themselves to be really quite shit. 

Stagecoach were great with me when they battered my Van which had similar damage (lwb sprinter) they got it sorted at a local bodyshop and provided a hire van.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Stagecoach were great with me when they battered my Van which had similar damage (lwb sprinter) they got it sorted at a local bodyshop and provided a hire van.

I hold high hopes though fear it falls into uneconomical repair. Have sourced a replacement from these pages whilst we wait and had been planning on downsizing to something a bit more frugal anyway so maybe a blessing in disguise. If we can get book back on it then that would double what i paid for it. Fingers crossed.

I'm fed up of the permanent snots, catarrh and sore throats I've had since my last lot of Covid (end of September last year). Know-all receptionist at the doctors' not interested as "that's something the pharmacy can help with". Pharmacy happy to sell linctus etc but "You really should see your doctor as your symptoms are persistent". I've tried home made honey, lemon and hot water, I'm drinking plenty of plain water (2-3 litres daily), I get my 5 a day, do anywhere between 15 minutes and 1 hour of exercise daily and it won't shift.

Round and round in this loop since the start of January. Had a blood test in November and my liver function is not normal, but the GP says not dangerously so as only just out of normal ranges.

To top things off the least crap programme available on the TV at the moment is 'Everybody loves Raymond'.

• Sad 4

48 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

I'm fed up of the permanent snots, catarrh and sore throats I've had since my last lot of Covid (end of September last year). Know-all receptionist at the doctors' not interested as "that's something the pharmacy can help with". Pharmacy happy to sell linctus etc but "You really should see your doctor as your symptoms are persistent". I've tried home made honey, lemon and hot water, I'm drinking plenty of plain water (2-3 litres daily), I get my 5 a day, do anywhere between 15 minutes and 1 hour of exercise daily and it won't shift.

Round and round in this loop since the start of January. Had a blood test in November and my liver function is not normal, but the GP says not dangerously so as only just out of normal ranges.

To top things off the least crap programme available on the TV at the moment is 'Everybody loves Raymond'.

This raises a few questions.

Why does everyone love Raymond? He’s an irritating , whiney, useless prat.

How did he get such a hot wife?

How come Robert is nothing like him. Is one of them adopted or did Marie have an affair? Couldn’t blame her Frank is such a slob.

10 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

This raises a few questions.

Why does everyone love Raymond? He’s an irritating , whiney, useless prat.

How did he get such a hot wife?

How come Robert is nothing like him. Is one of them adopted or did Marie have an affair? Couldn’t blame her Frank is such a slob.

King of Queens is equal in terms of absolute dross. About as funny as receiving a kick to the one string banjo.

8 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

King of Queens is equal in terms of absolute dross. About as funny as receiving a kick to the one string banjo.

Not watched it since they moved Frasier for it. I loved Frasier but had seen most episodes so many times, I knew the words off by heart. 

9 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I've always fancied getting a t-shirt with my favourite Frank quote - "people, not for me".

9 minutes ago, DavieW said:

I've always fancied getting a t-shirt with my favourite Frank quote - "people, not for me".

And on the back the one from Costanza's father, "serenity now!" 

Kids.
Last night - provide living proof that the electric power steering pump on the subframe of a Bini likes to be above the water table.
Ring, ring - heeelllllp.
Gorilla the car home in the dark. There's a drone like a wheel bearing in distress too. Grumpyfucketty-fucks.

13 minutes ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Kids.
Last night - provide living proof that the electric power steering pump on the subframe of a Bini likes to be above the water table.
Ring, ring - heeelllllp.
Gorilla the car home in the dark. There's a drone like a wheel bearing in distress too. Grumpyfucketty-fucks.

In his top5 of cars that will die in water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently having my house number on the door with a foot tall fluorescent yellow number isn't enough for one of our local amazon drivers, as for the second time recently he's stuck my order through my upstairs neighbours door.

Secondary grump for the fact that my neighbour came home, presumably noticed this, and didn't stick it through my door before they went out again.

4 minutes ago, reb said:

Apparently having my house number on the door with a foot tall fluorescent yellow number isn't enough for one of our local amazon drivers, as for the second time recently he's stuck my order through my upstairs neighbours door.

Secondary grump for the fact that my neighbour came home, presumably noticed this, and didn't stick it through my door before they went out again.

One of the many reasons I’ve never bought a single item from that establishment 

DP sodding D...... I literally saw the van slowly crawling down the road and tried to wave him down - just rolled in by...... 

1hr later the email arrived - we had trouble delivering your parcel..... WANKERS

• Sad 2