What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 minute ago, hairnet said:

suits me as while theyre a belgian lot theyve never done brussels just the towns round it

did tournai last week (closer to lille)

did avelgem (closer to NL)

did tienen (20km from brussels)

doing this one cos dublin is a pain in the arse and expensive (and september)

Enjoy. I know the area and can recommend hotel en-route if you need.

One of the friends I made in hospital has just got home after being in for over a year(!)

She has Ā£9 to her name until she gets her bank account unfrozen.

She wanted a pizza, 10" with onion, but with the delivery fee it came to Ā£10.

She didn't want to phone them because autism and embarrassment about being seen to be "begging".

I overcame my own phone anxiety,Ā phoned them up and explained the situation, they're sending her out a 12" pizza for the Ā£9!

Feels good to help out someone who has helped me out so much, even if it's only in a small way.

Ā 

In other grin worthy news, I'll be home for the weekend tomorrow morning, and if that goes well I'll be home most of next week and possibly home for good by christmas!

18 hours ago, Sunny Jim said:

I've worked every day this month but have now finished for the year and don't go back until March - 10 weeks leave = joy!

IMG-20211108-WA0018.thumb.jpg.c016e1655b3ba80e1137974b19f0f0ea.jpg.c430a240262e36cbd2733ad6f7446601.jpg

I'll be in Portugal by Tuesday to join a mate on his yacht and we plan to sail to Madeira, The Canaries and the Azores.

her name is rio.......etc

enjoy

madeira oof

Ā 

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

ryanair lol

looking at times the time i want it says 2 seats left

go into it and look at seats and theres 90% to pick fromĀ 

wtf :D

back row aisle ftw - turn up 30Ā secs before they leave - then wait and drink tea till theyre all gone then stand up as last two people go through :D

Ā 

every time you look at websites like Ryanair - Easyjet etc clear the cookies and site data. It is said you get different results . All to do with dynamic pricing.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:57 PM, Sunny Jim said:

I've worked every day this month but have now finished for the year and don't go back until March - 10 weeks leave = joy!

IMG-20211108-WA0018.thumb.jpg.c016e1655b3ba80e1137974b19f0f0ea.jpg.c430a240262e36cbd2733ad6f7446601.jpg

I'll be in Portugal by Tuesday to join a mate on his yacht and we plan to sail to Madeira, The Canaries and the Azores.

Well hello sailor.

1 hour ago, 808 Estate said:

Pencils.jpg

This fancy-ass set of ten graphite eraser-topped Standard HB/No. 2 Pencils features inspirational profanity, calligraphic flourishes, and foil stamping. A great way to add a touch of humour and irreverence to everyday writings. Five different phrases repeat twice - Fucking Brilliant - Fuck-a-doodle doo - Getting Shit Done - Take Note, Bitches! - Write that Shit Down graphite pencils

so was gonna do gig in usa in nov

couldnt so waited till more dates happened

there was one in jan i could make but the flight was 700 quid

they released more dates

one the end of march - flight is 275 return to bos which usually is $$$$$$$$$

car is 75 for the day and MA must do the no excess thing as the protection thing isnt mentioned :DĀ - that happened on the road trip from louisiana the last time - corolla ftw (i hope)

soon as i get 23 sheet off work itll go in :DĀ - heres hoping the medical is finished by thenĀ 

I did something I've never done beforeĀ 

I was dropping a parcel off at the collect+ shop luckily as the guy was collecting, he hung on for a minute to take my parcel, looked about 60, stressed to fuckĀ 

I got back in the car as he drove off up to the next shop, he went in and I waited for himĀ 

I asked him if he was OK, told him I really appreciated what he did and gave him Ā£10 for a Christmas tipĀ 

He was properly grateful, shook my hand and thanked me, it's the best thing I've done in a long time, it's made me feel as good as it did him.Ā 

Ā