What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Not encouraging.   The 'major defect' was a sticking caliper and worn disc.

Fixed of course.  They knew about it when I dropped the car off for it to be done but they always MOT it first to see what else might be thrown up then fix everything at one go.

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 11-53-42 AutoPredict - Predict How Long Your Car Will Last.png

10 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Oh, that's handy.

image.thumb.png.0d398f099798672dfc2cd40cbc21aec4.png

They must reckon the Corolla will last forever.

yeah had a quick play with the tool, it works solely off the DVSA's database, which means you can stick @hairnet's still New Zealand registered postie bike into it 

but no Northern Ireland cars or vehicles that dont have any MOT history/DVSA database entry

image.thumb.png.7aff3f7133dc317e590f654093e71fed.png

quite amusingly the DVSA's database still thinks @dollywobbler's Invacar has a 10L engine still LOL

image.thumb.png.e109b1425ded5a73389a1419c0070307.png

but handy in that I did not know the DVSA's database recorded engine size like this

however knowing that it does, im not surprised that it still says 10L, because the DVSA database does not really sync with the DVLA's one for the most part, I mean for example the DVSA still think that JBY503J is Orange which is hilarious LOL

also TTW991R breaks the tool entirely LOL

image.thumb.png.bd59e6945f29cafb0dc25483b7261463.png

watching a scooter thing where theyve crossed tthe usa coast to coast and theyre now going home

theyre heading for flagstaff AZ and they must be on route 66 as they keep talking about it

but he says (correctly) root 66 - but whenever he talks about routes for other things ie all other times he and most americans will say

rowt 

why?

@PhilA you dont speak english can you help :D