What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 11/07/2022 at 19:23, Wack said:

A couple of weeks ago I emptied some petrol out of a generator put it in a container with a lid on it, put it in the garden then forgot about it 

Went outside and it was empty , my wife said she hadn't tipped it out 

Hmmm

20220709_205247.thumb.jpg.61ecc4506343a728e536296a9a9e59c9.jpg

On a similar vein, when I did my oil change the other weekend my drain can wouldn't immediately drain (I leave it outside, the spider webs had gone solid) so I had to launch my hand in to clear it before it overflowed. Hands coated in oil I tried to wipe it off ASAP as I was drippi g everywhere and couldnt go into the house... 

20220713_085535.thumb.jpg.6de61eb39a79b17eb9997c11def6acc5.jpg

Can sort of see where I wiped my hands... Should have gone to some council grass and done it 🙄

Guy 2 doors down has been bringing my nice sandwiches for the past week or so! 

20220713_111923.thumb.jpg.737bfe828ad7f13e1fe5df5d876130c6.jpg

Said the sandwich place on the same bit as the mot place he works at gives them away at the end of the day if unsold, because there's no sell by date they can't donate them. Their a van that drives around industrial estates type of job. 

They've been very nice. Have noted he said mot station, might enquire how one would procure his services before 02/09 and if the rust on my wing would be a mere advisory or fail... And would his daughter like to play in my paddling pool with my kids again 🤔

3 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Guy 2 doors down has been bringing my nice sandwiches for the past week or so! 

20220713_111923.thumb.jpg.737bfe828ad7f13e1fe5df5d876130c6.jpg

Said the sandwich place on the same bit as the mot place he works at gives them away at the end of the day if unsold, because there's no sell by date they can't donate them. Their a van that drives around industrial estates type of job. 

They've been very nice. Have noted he said mot station, might enquire how one would procure his services before 02/09 and if the rust on my wing would be a mere advisory or fail... And would his daughter like to play in my paddling pool with my kids again 🤔

£3.75 for a luke warm fishy baguette? No wonder there's plenty left over! 🤣

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

It's how the yoofs spend their money these days , I used to deliver to many garages around 10am , the van would pull in , ring the childcatcher bell and out they'd come running £5 notes in hand 

£30 a week gone on butties 

1 hour ago, Wack said:

It's how the yoofs spend their money these days , I used to deliver to many garages around 10am , the van would pull in , ring the childcatcher bell and out they'd come running £5 notes in hand 

Interesting approach, I haven't died yet by bringing food from home and saving a few coins 😀

8 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Interesting approach, I haven't died yet by bringing food from home and saving a few coins 😀

Actually it's probably more than £30 a week as they used to go round at lunch as well 

No sandwiches today as he didn't know if I'd want any more. Said not at all, bring whatever you want so I think I'm getting more tomorrow 😂 Some nice chocolate and apricot brownies today though 

The vans come round our office too. Sometimes when hungover to fuck their a godsend but I never bother nowadays. Some people in my department go every day, 5 days a week, £3.40 a time. Always a huge long queue outside of it, if you don't see it pull into the car park before the hooter sounds your waiting in line

3 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Yea the fish and chicken one sget eaten first, then ham, then cheese and lettuce etc are fine for a few more days in the fridge! Extra chilli sauce and some crisps perks them up no end. They all taste of nothing plain 

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Have noted he said mot station,

Hello…. I’m just down the road from you and use VC Autos on the A40 in Postcombe behind the Jet Garage…. Very friendly! Happy to book and go with you as I’m a friendly face to them…..

Final report on the Dash to Dubrovnik duo of Miss SL and her BF in the ex @BorniteIdentity Avensis SR, now in the Grin thread following a successful outcome.....

They enjoyed the final drive up through France, avoiding toll roads and the LEZ in Rouen. Crossing the Seine:

DTD13.thumb.jpg.2e3a1f8ba44fa11f4a628ef16f199e30.jpg

Another 1k clicked over, note cruising speed:

DTD14.thumb.jpg.2371091eb2cf924c8fa39678b0eb3bec.jpg

Some rathar pleasant campsites in great weather:

DTD15.thumb.jpg.1fa44a580d91bbf53a44b871bc53988a.jpg

With the period correct camping set-up, mostly stuff we used in the '90s:

DTD16.thumb.jpg.82a43552f8697e1be40a44ab953e872f.jpg

Apparently they helped a French couple with their brand new tent, gaffer tape repairing a split pole. Other than a few cable ties given to a fellow Dash entrant I don't believe they used many of the tools or spares they took with them, good old Avensis. The oil consumption dropped once they were away from the mountains. Luckily it didn't rain much as the sluggish wipers now need attention.

And 3,637miles after setting off towards the end of June, it reappeared on the driveway:

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.35ff7bded8f40447893f3b86f680ac28.JPG

It's now having a bit of a rest but at some point will become Miss SL's transport when Master SL takes over the Yaris. As it'll be kept here when she's up at uni that means someone (i.e. me) needs to use it every so often, yay!

19 hours ago, beko1987 said:

No sandwiches today as he didn't know if I'd want any more. Said not at all, bring whatever you want so I think I'm getting more tomorrow 😂 Some nice chocolate and apricot brownies today though 

The vans come round our office too. Sometimes when hungover to fuck their a godsend but I never bother nowadays. Some people in my department go every day, 5 days a week, £3.40 a time. Always a huge long queue outside of it, if you don't see it pull into the car park before the hooter sounds your waiting in line

I used to go out to the van when it came round to my former office just to get a coffee, and to escape the office. £2.20 for a caramel latte was a good way to stop me jumping out of the window at 11:30.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:21 PM, Wack said:

Where i used to work a girl always came round in a little van.  Prices were fairly high!  But there was alway a huge line at the van. Madness really.

But, 

She had huge norks. 

Spent so much time in that line

1 hour ago, Andyrew said:

Where i used to work a girl always came round in a little van.  Prices were fairly high!  But there was alway a huge line at the van. Madness really.

But, 

She had huge norks. 

Spent so much time in that line

There was a buttie van on the way to Sheffield called big baps , I called in once , a very attractive girl in her 20s in a T shirt 

I can see the business meeting in the bank going 

So what can you offer that other businesses in the area can't 

Opens coat 

Approved 

went to the riding school do today ,  it has a massive car park with being on the edge of the airfield , but only a one lane for access , so I turn up ..

and the woman on the front gate does sweet f a ( she is a local counciller after all !) , so I have to stop to let a car out , onto a road that has one lane which is now also occupied by another car behind me , so stale mate , no one can move , so my wife and son bail out amd I sit there whilst they all stew in the cars in the heat ,,

more cars come out of the car park and get stuck behind the first car

any way this guy in the first car  turns into a Darren , winds his window down and has a go at me telling me to move my car and other nice words  ( how !! , it cant fly ! )

I just answered back , I am retired , I have all f****** day !  ,  he had no reply for that ......

then magically with out me moving he moved his car  and went forth himself  ????