What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Was just reading up about Terry Waite's cousin who was one of the samples on Little Fluffy Clouds and found this article on the BBC website about oor Tel:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/witness/february/2/newsid_2714000/2714181.stm

Dude is a right bad ass Rambo muthafucka, what do they teach at the Anglican church? 

Screenshot_20220725-210411_Opera.thumb.jpg.6e9392210661b48f5931c7dce0da608d.jpg

I bet someone working at the BBC in 2005 still chuckles to themselves about that one. 

1 minute ago, twosmoke300 said:

How do you know he didn’t ask ? 
I know your neighbour is a cunt but you are becoming obsessive about it now .

He comes out of his yard, and walks up and down for 5 minutes checking nobody is watching him first.

23 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

No , you are right - not obsessive at all 😂

I'm always interested when m11 pops up on the movement detected feed, he's a dodgy bastard and was a previous obsession for his habit of taking the dogs for a walk* by opening the door and letting them shit on everyone else's property. Got him nobbled by the council 5 times for dog shitting but he still does it.

16 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Was just reading up about Terry Waite's cousin Screenshot_20220725-210411_Opera.thumb.jpg.6e9392210661b48f5931c7dce0da608d.jpg

Growing up as a kid and hearing the news on the radio, I thought the name of the place was Wartern-Bayroot. Sounded like somewhere out on the Fens.

To my surprise, they must have twinned with Wartern-Bosnia a few years later.

The Beeb loves "war-torn" as a prefix.

4 minutes ago, fairkens said:

To be fair that's just two bags full in waitrose

My Only experience of waitrose was stratford on avon, we stopped because it was the only supermarket we drove past I could get the motorhome in the car park , I was sat on a seat behind the tills waiting for mrs wack when a woman too tight to buy a 20p carrier bag walked past, arms piled with packets, one of which fell off and broke , quails eggs , had to be really

2 minutes ago, MikeR said:

my wife has friends in London having learnt to nurse there , and having a flat .....  I wont mention this Fortnum & Mason........when she next visits ...

I would refrain from reminding her about them or Harrods, Libertys, Harvy Nick's, Heals or Selfridges etc. How often does she look at this forum? 😃

1 minute ago, High Jetter said:

I would refrain from reminding her about them or Harrods, Libertys, Harvy Nick's, Heals or Selfridges etc. How often does she look at this forum? 😃

my wife knows all those !! , we used to do the high streets years ago in the west and east end , I always liked Petticoat lane market myself ..

6 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Got woke up this morning by a loud clonk on the bedroom window.

I wonder if he'd been out on the sherry last night.

20220726_132459.thumb.jpg.bdf2c3af4a9fd4762019aff6083e8d62.jpg

Covered walkway between buildings at a college I attended a few years back; there was a lovely imprint of a fairly plump pigeon in the dirt on the outside of the window, they were obviously economising on window cleaning as it stayed there the full 3 months of the course.