What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Had someone in a Dynorod van absolutely welded to the rear bumper of my van coming up the A5 today, I was doing the speed limit, but not quick enough for him (he should have been doing 50 anyway!) apparently.  He'd tried to muscle past at a few occasions but failed.

He catapulted past me the moment we got to the dual carriageway.

However the grin is that it was blatantly obvious that he has a 70mph limiter, set quite aggressively.  My van does not have a 70mph speed limiter.  Normally I'd just have stayed where I was, but he had been such an asshole for the last ten miles that I couldn't resist trolling him just a little bit.

I gave a cheery wave as I sailed back past him once I was up to speed.  I kid you not, he just about exploded on the spot.  I wish my dashcam had been pointing sideways as it would have made for utterly hilarious footage. 

Ah, it's the little things in life.  Yes it was horribly childish.  Am I even a little bit sorry?  No.

50 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Ah, it's the little things in life.  Yes it was horribly childish.  Am I even a little bit sorry?  No.

Yeah, when I had my Challenger people would do the same. Last instance before I traded it in was coming home from town. Desolate two lane road, modest shoulder. Trees line the road for almost 18 miles. Curves, a few long straight sections, then some more curves.

Had a couple blue-rinses in a new Buick MPV thing behind me, riding my bumper for about 3 miles. I had the cruise set to 55. Limit is... you guessed it, 55.

Last curve before a 1.6 mile straight she backed off a little then swerved out into the oncoming lane, whatever tiny turbocharged lump they stick in those things these days wailing in punishment, audible above my radio.

She came up alongside, I turned my head, grinned and mashed the throttle into the carpet. Took my foot off when they were well back in my mirror and had a giggle to myself. 

Yes, I'm doing 55. Yes, it's by choice. No, you may not because you annoyed me.

Peurile and childish? Absolutely. But so is a muscle car. But it's sure as hell fun.

Phil

Facebook "memories" bollocks finally came in useful today!

It popped up with some photos from 2 years ago when I had sold by Abarth 595, which set off a brain chain reaction. I had 13 years NCB on my "normal car" policy with the Abarth, and I was going to swap it over onto another policy to keep it going. Obviously I forgot all about it at the time.

I sold the car two years ago... Cancelled the policy two years ago... NCB lasts two years.... Fuck! Luckily I managed to get my proof of NCB out of adrian flux and parked it on my van policy with about 2 hours to spare.

1 minute ago, PhilA said:

20200618_125531.thumb.jpg.1ac435e38308553aa732cf8a39a4c52e.jpg

Took a couple of goes but this fit back behind the garage, now with the mower in front of it.

Truck is where the GTA was, both are now under a roof, which is good. Keeps the sun off them for the most part.

Phil

I thought you had sold that ?