What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Musical Offspring is the one with the red jacket, mallets and big corona hair!

i read that as wallet percussion - is that only when he jumps up and down on it :D

when guitar man did his solo - was thinking theyd do the same with the others

also hitting things bloke needs to sack the cameraman :D

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Sir obviously didn’t exude the monied look from every orriffice.  They charge like a wounded rhino.

that can cost people an awful lot of money - you know the scene in pretty woman

big mistake - huge

i did that with a bike - they just didnt seem interested on a brand new bike to sell it cash

i went somewhere else and they loved me

22 minutes ago, hairnet said:

that can cost people an awful lot of money - you know the scene in pretty woman

big mistake - huge

i did that with a bike - they just didnt seem interested on a brand new bike to sell it cash

i went somewhere else and they loved me

Some places make bugger all on a cash sale, the product being sold is just something to hang a finance deal on and that's where their main profit/commission comes from. That doesn't excuse poor customer service though, even if you did rock up in a dress, big hat and loads of carrier bags.

Helped a mate with a recovery today , saab convertible,  woman had somehow managed to lock the car with the electronic part of the key in the ignition but she had the mechanical part ,except it wouldn't open the door

Do you have a spare key

Yes 

Where is it

In the boot 

FFS

So he tries the key again , then looks at it and it's a blank, never been cut.

He tells her its never been cut and she says , yes he said it needed cutting when he programmed it but I didn't know that meant it wouldn't open the car.

Ended up getting in with some wire through the glass 

Sitting having my second brew of the daym a strange noise occurred over the radio which was on in the background. Turned the radio off and all quiet. After a minute or so, it came again. Seemed to be from the area of the woodburner Aaah, I thought, something thinking of building in my chimney. Went outside, nothing near the chimney. Back inside, more noise. Oh. There appears to be a bird inside my stove! Opened all windows and doors before opening the stove. A very dusty starling flew out and passed all the open windows etc and into my bedroom!  Managed to open the window and off it flew, shedding dust on its way.

A lucky bird, I have been away from home for nearly 10 weeks and the house was empty, had it got in just after I left......

My brother had a Maserati from new in the states. It was a nice enough drive I suppose (felt more the GT than sports car for sure though) but it had sooooooo many problems. In the 15 or so months he kept it, the dealer had it more time than he did. Often for exactly the same fault over and over. He now drives a Toyota Prius - proof if ever it was needed of a man destroyed.............

7 hours ago, Wack said:
12 hours ago, paulplom said:

I'm working for Dr. Jazz in North Shields today. At least with being a doctor he'll be able to give himself something for the pain when this shits itself.18ea794add8ac604ab0b1f8b3beed052.jpg0bc13d0ec690e09c7078a9996ff033a5.jpg

They suffer badly with rotting front subframes , it's a fortune to fix 

I don't suppose negotiating getting stuck in floods helps much either...

DSC01964.JPG

DSC01962.JPG

Neighbours up the road - always have 80s/90s Fords near their home, never actually stopped to have a  natter with them. Then a 414 turned up. Then COVID happened. Anyway, we live five minutes away from each other, and we finally connected today....on Facebook. Lovely to see their first thought on selling was to find out whether I wanted it !

Price is a bit salty, but it is a lovely motor - better condition than the 420 if truth be told

fb1.thumb.png.13033c6aa04d4443feb3f8d2496132a2.png

fb2.thumb.png.8138c911d7bd0f9dc4c9e4f66a938ae1.png