What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've raved about this bloke on here before, Mr Devin Townsend, and I know there's a couple of you on here that approve of his shouty guitaring.

Last year he did 4 consecutive nights in various venues in London, playing his last four albums in sequence, (Thursday Ki, Friday Addicted, Saturday Deconstruction, Sunday Ghost). I went to the Sunday one.....

All four shows have now been put out on a DVD box set - 4 dvds, 5 cds, and mine arrived - signed - the other day.

556131_10151050990402216_1113411721_n.jpg

I also went to an unplugged gig at The Borderline just before his Download appearance, and got to meet the man, and have a brief chat....

282374_10151034009017216_677495677_n.jpg

Thats me, the red faced scruffy fucker......

Check out this video, I promise it's not REALLY heavy, and Anneke Von Giersbergen features heavily - she's got the voice of an angel, and frankly, you definitely would. Repeatedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57hs37Yq_3s

Anneke Von Giersbergen features heavily - she's got the voice of an angel, and frankly, you definitely would. Repeatedly.

I know her! Sort of... we played the same festival as The Gathering years ago and we all had a few coffees and beers backstage. Not my kind of music but nice kids.

Anyone who takes a DAF for an MOT and doesn't stay with it is inviting trouble. There are many ways of breaking one on an MOT test. The rollers for a start. He's right that you should avoid moving from neutral to forwards with the engine running - which I always thought was a bit ridiculous - but if you don't mention this to the MOT tester, you have no right to complain.

I can't wait for the passenger in question to be interviewed:

" I were on me way to pick up a brown Nova saloon/blue Ford Orion/burgundy Lada and thought I'd try out one of these electronic cigarette thingamies that I'd seen advertised on my favourite website. I did think it was an over-reaction by the rozzers... I mean it is pre-booked for an MOT in Manchester, and I think you'll find the law doesn't actually state such an MOT should take place within a reasonable distance. Next time I'm A-framing and sticking to me woodbines."

Having sold the pickup, my daily-driver is now a 1972 Ford Granada. Yes, it has a bloody stupid antiquated gearbox; yes it still needs some jobs doing; yes it's For Sale and I'm getting no calls... but you do have to grin at simply being able to use this as a daily. I washed it this morning, making it about six kilos lighter. Looks pretty too.

I see the Dacia duster is about to be released in the uk. New price of £8995, is that brand new shite?

I wonder what the depreciation is going to be like. If no one buys my cmax, I might have to chop it in for one of those (base spec, of course!)

I took my TR7 down to my lockup and the guy who I rent it off who's an old school mechanic said "so this is the new project then, you're mad I remember working on these when they were 3-4 years old. They're shit." I did lol as you can't argue with someone who actually been there, done that and bares the mental scars of working on them with no nostalga involved.

Anyone who takes a DAF for an MOT and doesn't stay with it is inviting trouble. There are many ways of breaking one on an MOT test. The rollers for a start. He's right that you should avoid moving from neutral to forwards with the engine running - which I always thought was a bit ridiculous - but if you don't mention this to the MOT tester, you have no right to complain.

When I had my DAF MOT'd I stayed there and made sure they did not put it on the rollers.

I used to turn the engine off each time I wanted to change gear but then got used to the engine sound so I knew when I could change it without it grinding. Not aware that you were meant to turn it off? Oh well.

Ebay - I know we all have a moan, but it is good as a buyer. I order a HDMI cable the other day which turned out to be faulty. Emailed the seller and they instantly sent a replacement, no questions asked. Really can't argue with that sort of service.

£30k.

You might get a bit more for Corten Steel though.

Cav - I got home at 0130 this morning, I don't have any more pictures yet.

It was bloody good for a 5 hour drive though.

Nice one, the 2.5 made a brilliant 'grand tourer' so would imagine your's must be uber fun. I'll keep an eye on here and Flickr for more!

Just been reading through a live sort of chat facility thing where a debate was in full swing about Andy Murray and whether he's British or not, and someone left a message saying 'Is he Scottish yet?' :lol: